• Register
  • Help

Topic: Opinions about Arturia Softsynths?

Share/Bookmark

Question Opinions about Arturia Softsynths?

Opinions about Arturia Softsynths ?
    Arturia Jupiter8V Good for pads and strings ?
    Arturia ARP2600V Good for leads and basses and sfx ?

Re: Opinions about Arturia Softsynths?

I love all the Arturia Synths. I own them all (well... except for the Prophet 5 one).

I'm certainly not going to publicly state they sound exactly like their hardware predecessors, but I've been fortunate enough to have played on most of the originals at one time or another in my life, and these soft synths sound VERY much like them, to me.

I get the same "feeling", which I really didn't expect. Perhaps that's why I speak highly of them.

I only own the Moog Modular but I love it and use it a lot.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

The MiniMoogV is a killer. Since it has polyphony it's really more like a MemoryMoog...

I use the MiniMoogV and the CS-80V. Both are great virtual synths! The MiniMoog in polyphonic mode sounds quite close to my old Prophet V.

Jim

Ditto.

The Mini is surprisingly flexible (the matrix). So much so, I opted to pass on the Modular---much of what it does is reproduceable with the Mini,

And CS80 is fantastic. It's tricky to program, but it repays effort. Like the DX7, it's deeeeeeeeep. Sadly the display is teensy weensy which doesn't help.

---JC

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    I use the MiniMoogV and the CS-80V. Both are great virtual synths! The MiniMoog in polyphonic mode sounds quite close to my old Prophet V.

Jim

I have Analog Factory which works well for me.

I sometimes get a sticky note and the license sometimes needs to be pulled out and put back in again, but other wise it is fine.
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Hahahaaa...Like two months ago I ran into the Vintage Collection (Minimoog V, Moog Modular V, CS-80 V and ARP-2600 V) for a great price at my retailer, and bought it.

These synths are simply great!!!

Then, two weeks ago, logged in at the Arturia Website and was amazed by their offer. For a really great price they would let me upgrade to the V-Collection...which meant, I my case, that the Prophet-V/Prophet VS-V/V(S)-Hybrid-V ...as well as the Jupiter 8-V would be added to my collection. Ordered them, 3 days later the package got delivered...and I am still stunned (this is the first time I'm out ever since...God...what day is it, where am I, how did I get here, is this real?)

Anyway...love them!!!

Go Back to forum