• Register
  • Help

Topic: New question - Finale 2008 and Kp2/GPO

Share/Bookmark

New question - Finale 2008 and Kp2/GPO

Okay, thanks to some very kind and helpful people (Ron and Tom) I now have KP2.2.3 showing up in both Sonar 6.2 and Finale 2008. However, I now have another problem with KP2 and Finale 2008 that I need help solving. I can start a document in Finale 2008 and select the Garritan Instruments for Finale/KP2 and everything shows up properly. I go into the VST edit menu and call up the KP2 interface, the GPO instruments are loaded and I can play them from both my keyboard and from the interface and get the proper sounds playing through my computer speakers. But, when I begin to input notes into my score I get no sound unless I switch to SmartSound and play through the computer soundcard. When I look in MIDI setup the only options are for my Midisport 4x4, my soundcard and my Audiophile 192 but no KP2 option. What am I missing? Have I explained my problem properly?

When I set up KP2 in Sonar I get options for MIDI out to be routed through KP2 and it doesn't play in my computer speakers but through the Sonar audio engine and through my monitors. But I get no such routing choice in Finale. So, I'm sure there is something about Finale I'm not understanding. I've tried looking through the Finale documentation but I can't find what I need. I just want to be able to hear my Garritan sounds from my Finale scores.

Again - please take me through what I need in baby steps. And, as always, thanks in advance for any and all help. This forum has been immensely helpful to me so far.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Re: New question - Finale 2008 and Kp2/GPO

Okay, I've had some partial success. When I removed the multi from the player and loaded individual instruments then it worked through my computer speakers so I am guessing that's the way Finale is configured. However, I am still puzzled as to why the multi instruments wouldn't play. I looked through Tom's sticky about the missing multi files but it seems that fix is for KP1. When I look in the folder structure at the Garritan Instruments for Finale folder, there is no Multi folder to be found. Now I am really puzzled.

Help appreciated.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky

Still need help on Multi's not showing up in Garritan for Finale KP2.2.3 player. (No Multi folder)
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky

Tom.
    Here's what happened. I started a new document through the wizard and selected string quartet and GPO. In the select instruments screen the quartet instruments were already listed so I accepted those and went through the rest of the wizard. When I clicked on the edit VST setup page and opened the KP2 player it had loaded a "multi" but there was no sound or options available on the instruments shown. This is what had me confused. I could delete these instruments and replace them manually and everything would work. Shouldn't they have worked from the setup through the wizard?
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky

Thanks, Tom. That makes sense and is more than likely the answer to my question. I'm off to check it out now. If you don't get another reply from me in this thread then you'll know you solved the problem for me. Again, thanks. You're a real "prince!"
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky

Go Back to forum