• Register
  • Help

Topic: No sound in Gigastudio 3

Share/Bookmark

No sound in Gigastudio 3

First of all, I would like to say hi to all members of the forum. The forum is great from what I've been reading here.

I also have a little problem with getting sound out of my GS3, when I use the keyboard in the GS3, there is no sound coming out. Same thing goes when I use an external controller. I am running in rewire mode with Nuendo 3. Many thanks in advance for all your help and advice.

Dej@nD@nilo

Re: No sound in Gigastudio 3

Are the MIDI activity indicators (bottom right hand corner of GS) changing from red to green as you play? Whenever I've had no sound it's turned out that MIDI wasn't actually getting to GS.

You don't say what the components of your system are. A few soundcards have had specific problems with GS. For instance, I used to have an Echo MiaMIDI; I had a similar problem to yours, so I did a bit of googling, and it turned out that there was a well-known problem with the card not transmitting MIDI information to GS. Having the card installed also killed GS's ability to use the onscreen keyboard.

Once you've checked all your connection settings really carefully it may be worth doing some googling of your specific hardware.

I resolved the problem, by adjusting the Nuendo 3 and GS3 properties and for now, everything works excellent. You wont believe I'm using a SB Audigy sound card with a trial version of Giga VST Adapter just to see how good it works on my everyday comp (2.4 GHz P4 Prescott, 2 GIG RAM). But I also have a DAW comp, with 3 creamware sound cards. Its unbelievable that the SB sound card is very stable compared to the Pro Creamware stuff. I always have issues with stability on my DAW. OK, thought I'd share this info with you. Many thanks for all the help.

Dej@nD@nilo

Quote Originally Posted by dejandanilo
    Its unbelievable that the SB sound card is very stable compared to the Pro Creamware stuff. I always have issues with stability on my DAW. OK, thought I'd share this info with you. Many thanks for all the help.

Dej@nD@nilo
    Totally believable. I used to have the original Pulsar card, with one expansion card. The Scope environment seemed to crash about every two minutes. Usually it would claim I had reached the limit of its DSP power before I'd actually loaded any plugins at all.

Anyway, glad to hear you solved your problem.

Go Back to forum