• Register
  • Help

Topic: More posts!

More posts!

Perhaps this is not where to post this, and it may be addressed in another part of the forum (please inform me if so - thanks), but it sure would be nice if more people would post techniques on GPO Academy. I would especially like to see anything related to getting better brass sounds out of GPO. In my opinion the solo brass instruments are right on the money, but I have found that the ensemble brass instruments need layering of other brass tracks to achieve realistic, and gutsy (Chicago Symphony / New York Phil. / Philadelphia Orch. gutsy), brass performances. I am still struggling with this, trying to find combinations of overlays, ensemble players, and aggressive overlays (and of course the mod wheel etc.) that will serve. It does not seem to be an academic orchestration problem - it seems to me to be a "how to use GPO resources for a realistic brass ensemble sound" problem (which might be termed "orchestration" in a very broad sense, I suppose). I am hoping many of my brass ensemble requirements will be fulfilled by the upcoming Concert/Marching Band Library. I can't wait.

Re: More posts!

Tom, thanks for the kind reply. I will check them out.

Go Back to forum