• Register
  • Help

Topic: Samples on USB drive

Share/Bookmark

Samples on USB drive

I have had all my sample file on a USB drive that's plugged into a hub. By any chance, could this be the reason that some of the larger libraries (like S.I.D.XL and Black Grand etc take sooooo long to load in HAlion3?

Re: Samples on USB drive

USB is universal bus. Any devices attached, using the same resourses. So, any activities on USB, like mouse-keyboard and so on may result in slowing down. Its recommended to use FW drives or additional USB controller. Also check that USB settings in BIOS set to USB2 (sometimes its reset to 1.1).
    cheers.

Re: Samples on USB drive

Quote Originally Posted by mojamusic
    I have had all my sample file on a USB drive that's plugged into a hub. By any chance, could this be the reason that some of the larger libraries (like S.I.D.XL and Black Grand etc take sooooo long to load in HAlion3?
    You can check if you actually have USB 2.0 via this method: http://www.usbman.com/Guides/checking_for_usb_2.htm

Under WinXP, if you plug in a USB 2.0 device into a non-USB 2.0 port, then you will immediately get a warning message stating that the speed of the device will be slower than intended. If you are using a USB hub for additional ports, just make sure that it is a USB 2.0 hub.

USB 2.0 portage works the same as electrical outlets: it is always best to plug a device directly into a port/outlet rather than via a hub/extension, since doing so adversely affects overall functionality/speed.

Go Back to forum