• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Angular Momentum RMX Expander - FREE!

Share/Bookmark

Angular Momentum RMX Expander - FREE!

Hi guys - I stumbled upon this freebie gem on, er, stumble-upon.

It's a complete, high quality and very usable expander from the guys at Angular Momentum (nope, I'd never heard of them either).

Just follow the instructions on the link page - 100% free!

http://www.amvst.com/index.php?name=...=details&id=35

Have fun!

Re: Angular Momentum RMX Expander - FREE!

Hi. I don't know how to unpack it for a mac. What do you need to change the extension to? JON

I have no idea Jon - there is an alternative download for Macs compatibility on the page if that helps.

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jonkuzma
    Hi. I don't know how to unpack it for a mac. What do you need to change the extension to? JON
    Change it so it ends in .rar instead of .txt.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Hi Asher. I did that but it won't open.It says there was an error. Have you downloaded and installed this with success? I'm at a loss. When I "Get info" the rar file shows it has the 256 or so mbs but I can;t get further than that.I've done the download twice with the same results. Any clues?? JON

Hi. I got it. I had to download the newest version of Stuffit.. Thanks MacFunk for turning us on to this one. Also thanks Ash for getting me to look a bit further.. JON

Thank You Very Much For Posting!!

This is a very cool library. I've had it for a while, and it's fun. Remember to tjek out some of the VSTI's while you're there. Analog warfare is VERY good.

While I'm appreciative for the rmx expander link, the sound quality is really sub par in comparison to any of the Spectrasonics or ilio stuff.
    I know it's free and I'm sure some people will get use out of it but I just want to let it be known to the guys expecting top notch stuff.

That's fair comment, slinky.

But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater - some of the sounds are good quality and it does offer added inspiration. Mixing the sounds up with RMX core libraries + FX can provide some really tasty mixes and ideas.

I never did mind a bit of lo-fi - I've been running these sounds at 80 bpm and the trancey/dancey melodeze sound great to my ears.

But then I'm not looking to do anything commercial currently. I just want to lock my studio door, crank up the volume and play bass for hours with a superbly intuitive and creative Rhythm provider.

Maybe I should do a freebie expander for bass

Go Back to forum