• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The KP2 Covolution Beast

Share/Bookmark

The KP2 Convolution Beast

Anybody know where the documentation is for this beast?
    (Convolution, that is...)

Thanks.
    Keith W.
    Last edited by KeithW; 07-24-2007 at 03:20 PM. Reason: clarification

Re: The KP2 Convolution Beast

Quote Originally Posted by KeithW
    Anybody know where the documentation is for this beast?
    (Convolution, that is...)
    It's broken....I've asked wherever I could to put pressure on NI to fix it. In the mean time there is a very convoluted workaround. Open the player as a standalone and load a impulse by dragging it into the conv window section. Save that as a multi. Then back to pluigin mode, load that multi BEFORE loading any additional sounds. That should work.

It really is a shame that something that could be so cool is just sitting there waiting for a coder to fix what is probably a syntax problem. Whoever does fix this will probably say" I fixed it in only 20 mins!" while we wait years for this to be resolved. Oh well.
    Todd Kasow

Re: The KP2 Covolution Beast

It is no longer broken. It has been fixed in KP2.2.3 (Stand alone, VSTi & DXi).

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    It is no longer broken. It has been fixed in KP2.2.3 (Stand alone, VSTi & DXi).
    Nickie, I'm afraid it's NOT fixed in 2.2.3, at least not in the MacIntel space. It doesn't work on VST or AU mode in either Cubase 4, Finale 2008, or Sibelius 5.

Keith Walls

Sorry, I should have been more precise. I didn't try to drag&drop into the VSTi/DXi, but they did fix the Presets, so now you can save your presets in Stand alone and load them in VSTi/DXi.

Sorry, I should have been more precise. I didn't try to drag&drop into the VSTi/DXi, but they did fix the Presets, so now you can save your presets in Stand alone and load them in VSTi/DXi.
    Ah, yes, that DOES work, and that's the workaround...
    Keith W.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    Well it works in standalone on PC, but does not work as a VSTi in Finale 08. Though I did notice they fixed the display problem so you can actually SEE the whole conv. display area., but you still cannot drag and drop an impulse into the window as you can in the stand alone version. Is this a bug or is the Conv. IR available only in stand alone mode?

Tom
    You can create the effect you want in the standalone mode, SAVE MULTI, and reload in the plugin mode. But it DOES work.

Keith W.

You can create the effect you want in the standalone mode, SAVE MULTI, and reload in the plugin mode. But it DOES work.

Keith W.
    You don't have to save as a Multi anymore. You can save the Convolution Preset directly. That's the new thing in KP2.2.3.

You don't have to save as a Multi anymore. You can save the Convolution Preset directly. That's the new thing in KP2.2.3.
    The question is how? I don't see a way to do it... Which brings me back to my original question- where's the documentation for Convolution Reverb. K2 has probably the sparsest doc. set I've ever seen.

Keith W.

The question is how? I don't see a way to do it... Which brings me back to my original question- where's the documentation for Convolution Reverb. K2 has probably the sparsest doc. set I've ever seen.

Keith W.
    Actually, for K2 the documentation for Convolution is in the Operation Manual, p. 167.
    I agree, that the documentation for Garritan owners of KP2 is rather sparse, though.

To save a Convolution Preset, click Convolution | Preset menu | save preset... (at the bottom of the menu).

Go Back to forum