• Register
  • Help

Topic: KP2 Convolution Problems

Share/Bookmark

KP2 Convolution Problems

I think I read this is a known bug, but I can't remember where. The KP2 Convolution Reverb seems to only work with a standalone player, not one instantiated by Finale, Sibelius, or Cubase 4. Anybody have a workaround you've found? In the imbedded player you cannot drag and drop the Impulse Samples.

Thanks!

Keith Walls

Re: KP2 Convolution Problems

In KP2.2.3 the Presets bug is supposedly fixed, meaning you can now load a Preset. If you don't already have any presets, you can save these in stand alone mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    In KP2.2.3 the Presets bug is supposedly fixed, meaning you can now load a Preset. If you don't already have any presets, you can save these in stand alone mode.
    HOW is the question. This is not well documented.

Keith Walls

Still doesn't work when used as a plugin as far as I can tell. It is possible to load IRs in standalone mode by dragging the file in. But selecting a preset does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithW
    I think I read this is a known bug, but I can't remember where. The KP2 Convolution Reverb seems to only work with a standalone player, not one instantiated by Finale, Sibelius, or Cubase 4. Anybody have a workaround you've found? In the imbedded player you cannot drag and drop the Impulse Samples.

Thanks!

Keith Walls
    I found a workaround thanks to a member of the Sibelius forum. You must load the IR into the standalone player, save multi, and then reload it once the inbedded player is started. If you already had done all your instruments, you must save them as something else, load the "Virgin" multi w/reverb from the step above, and then reload your instruments on top with merge option.

A very "convoluted" way to get convolution (pun intended.)

Come on, NI, get your act together!

Keith Walls

Go Back to forum