• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone else?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone else?

OK so I have heard the demos on the BBB which sound great - but has anyone posted any pieces from us average users? I, for one, would love to hear something from someone currently using it.

Anybody?

Re: Anyone else?

What software are you talking about?
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA
    www.bakersjazzandmore.com

Broadway Big Band.

no one?

Is this a dumb question?

I feel the demos are almost, in a way, too good and am looking for an end users song to hear the library and critique it a bit better. I almost feel like it might be hard to program songs to sound as good as their demos. Does this make sense to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by landford
    no one?

Is this a dumb question?

I feel the demos are almost, in a way, too good and am looking for an end users song to hear the library and critique it a bit better. I almost feel like it might be hard to program songs to sound as good as their demos. Does this make sense to anyone?
    I don't think it's a dumb question and i think you can trust Sonivox don't worry.

There doesn't seem to be lots of owner of this product for some reason. Not yet at least. If you like the demos and you need that kind of sound then go for it.

I'm just not crazy about the idea of a player myself but I'm thrill there's a product like this around now.

I own BBB and I've already done some stuff with it (using BBB together with other libraries - I haven't done anything yet that uses BBB exclusively). Depending on the platform and DAW you work with, it can be quite a nerve-wrecking process to get started with BBB though (Logic-users in particular are in for some rather complicated manoeuvres in order to get BBB to work), but once you have everything configured, it shines like few other sample libraries do. Amazing sounds.

With the system I run (a Mac dual G5 with 4 gigabyte RAM, running LogicPro 7.2.3), I am not able to (re)create those demo's (or similarly rich pieces) without doing plenty of midi-to-audio bouncing: 4 gig is far from enough RAM to load all the required instruments in one setting. I barely manage one or maybe two legato instruments (which take up huge amounts of RAM) and a bit of bass and percussion perhaps. But apart from that, those demos are completely honest in how they represent BBB. What you hear is indeed perfectly possible with BBB, although it'll take some serious effort (and a powerful machine) to reach that level of quality.

_

Thanks guys, it seems to me that the woods are possibily more of the major part of this library. Brass has been covered within other libs, but to my ears the BBB engineers seem to have gotten most (if not all) jazz saxophone articulations down - along with the legato playing of all the instruments. It's these 2 features that seem to me to be a major part of this software. Does this seem accurate to you Ridder?

Thanks-
    Tom

Go Back to forum