• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Latency problem!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

New Latency problem!!!!!

Hi all,

I hoping someone can help me with this problem. All of the sudden, I now have significant latency (playing live or in playback mode) between sequence computer and giga machines. Up until today it was just one of my gigas - now it is both. I have tried restarting to no avail.

I have the RME digi card (up to now has been flawless.) I use Gina 24 sound cards on both gigas. Running XP Home all around.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Rob

Re: New Latency problem!!!!!

I should have mentioned that I have the RME Digi 9652 with the latest 2.05 driver.

This is maddening. I haven\'t added anything to the system and yet now I have this latency (just started up yesterday on one machine and today on the second - now both have the latency issue) with both giga machines!!!

PS: for this particuliar cue I am running an Akai 5000 and JV 1080 - both with no delay!! So you would think that would isolate it to the giga\'s Gina 24 soundcards, right?

Rob

Hi Rob, hope this isn\'t too simple of a suggestion but have you checked the sound card latency settings again? Sometimes a driver installation resets the device. Their might be some obscure setting on your card; different sample rate or something....

You could also try rolling back to an earlier driver and see if the problem goes away...

Hi Scott,

Yea, it\'s confirmed, I am an Idiot!!!!!!! You were right on with that. I did recently update the driver and it automatically threw me from 128 samples to 2,068!

Thanks my friend!

By any remote chance, do you use SX. I am trying to figure out the \"direct montioring\" option in SX. I know my RME 9652 digi card will do it. Right now I \'monitor\' during writing and when I want to render I simply send giga (via lightpipe) to the RME card - I just can\'t seem to figure out how to do this \'monitoring\' during the composing stage.

Regardless, thanks for getting me straigtened out.

Rob

Hehehe, it happens to the best of us! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I do use SX but am not in front of it right now... I actually dont think I have Direct Monitoring enabled. However, you got ME curious enough to check it out when I get home... Sorry I know this doesnt help you!

Scott.

Hi Scott,

I tried to check on the SX boards but they were down yesterday. Maybe we will discover the benefits of \'direct montioring\' together. I use gina cards (with analog outputs to an analog board) for monitoring during writing and then when I want to render to audio I send via lightpipe out of gina\'s to my RME card on the SX computer. I am always looking for a more efficient set-up. Talk to you soon.

Rob

Hi Rob, well I am happy to explore that option with you.

I\'m still trying to get my head around the process to be honest!

Scott.

Go Back to forum