• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2.2.3 update posted (FYI)

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2.2.3 update posted (FYI)

The Kontakt 2.2.3 update is posted at the NI site.

1. What's new?
    Universal Binaries Update: Now compatible with Intel Macintosh Computer.
    Loading time has been improved when pre-hearing KSDs with the sample samples in Kore
    Countless import bug fixes with emphasis on EXS, Gigastudio, Reason, Akai, and Emu.

Other bug fixes:
    BROWSER: When merging multis, none of the instrument insert effects are loaded
    CRASH: K2 crashes Logic: loading old song with Player content
    EXPORT: Samples corrupts when saving / overwriting
    GROUPING: if two groups share the same keyswitch, only one of them gets activated
    HOST: Saving K2 preset with Player content crashes Logic
    MODULATION: flex envelope causing envelope drop-out
    PERFORMANCE: loading Player content consumes much memory
    RACK: CC automation on AUX sends is not recalled correctly
    SCRIPT: Crash on reload instrument with too large a script
    SCRIPT: Kontakt 2 crashes with more than one performance view
    SCRIPT: Kontakt crashes when Script is edited
    SCRIPT: make_perfview command causes crash on Mac/PC
    SCRIPT: NKI script causes wrong characters in knob values control
    SLICING: Beat Machine Stutters During Playback

2. Update requires activation!

This update requires online activation with the Service Center. Until it is activated, it will work in Demo Mode. Simply start the Service Center
    application that is installed with this update: It will guide you through the activation process. You can start it from the application's menu.
    Follow this link for more information on the Service Center: www.native-instruments.com/servicecenter.info

Re: Kontakt 2.2.3 update posted (FYI)

Updated from 2.2.2. last evening.

no problems

loading time has improved both in stand alone and vst form

I'm happy

Ray

Updated to 2.23 earlier today. So far, so good. I updated from the Service Center. I didn't have to re-register. And, again, so far, so good.

One interesting note. I also did the Kontakt Player 2 update (again, via the Service Center). Whenever I use the Kontakt Player (MacPro version), the only graphics that I get is from the Stradivari library. The GPO and JABB graphics do not show up (the pictures and background colors, etc.) Everything seems to function correctly. But, no pictures. With the recent Kontakt 2.23 update, I now DO get the graphics (picture of the conductor, background color, etc.) I don't know why the graphics don't show up on the Kontakt Player 2 software. It's no big deal, though. Bottom line is that all works well on my happy MacPro computer!

Happy composing, folks!!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke
    The GPO and JABB graphics do not show up (the pictures and background colors, etc.) Everything seems to function correctly. But, no pictures.
    Stand alone or plugin? It is a known bug, that the skin may disappear in plugins. They might not have fixed that.

Did you, btw, remember to copy the plugin to all relevant folders (KontaktPlayer2.dll to FinaleVST if you use GPO/JABB with Finale)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Stand alone or plugin? It is a known bug, that the skin may disappear in plugins. They might not have fixed that.

Did you, btw, remember to copy the plugin to all relevant folders (KontaktPlayer2.dll to FinaleVST if you use GPO/JABB with Finale)?
    The graphics don't show up on the stand alone. It's no big problem, though. All that matters is the function and sound. . . and all is well with that.

Thanks for the reminder with regards to copying the plugin to the folders! (I don't use Finale as much as many people do here. It's a great program. But I mostly use the sequencing program.)

Cheers!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Go Back to forum