• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Can anyone identify what libraries were used on these?

Share/Bookmark

Can anyone identify what libraries were used on these?

Hi all!

One of my favorite composers who works in the electronic orchestral realm, Mark Edward Lewis, has always impressed me with his masterful use of samples. The examples below were largely done before the advent of Gigastudio and all the multi-gigabyte orchestral sound libraries, yet I think that his pieces sound better than the majority of the stuff that I've heard that was done with more up to date gear. I know that he used EMU and Kurzweil samplers and I remember that he once mentioned a "secret" Hans Zimmer brass library. If anyone can clue me in on what samples he used (he's very tight-lipped about it) I'd appreciate it.

Song 1: http://tinyurl.com/yst8yn

Song 2: http://tinyurl.com/295jqt

Re: Can anyone identify what libraries were used on these?

Beautiful writing and performance. Which only goes to show that talented people creating wonderful compositions with top notch performances far outweigh the samples and gear. A perfect example of "it ain't what you got, it's how you use it."
    Rich

Wonderful pieces.

Just to warn you. If you follow the tiny URL and remove the file name, you recieve the message:

Hacked By HackSero MeTaLLiCa Replicant Exorcist CorS_NeTS

I don't think anything dangerous lurks in there, but apparently his site has been compromised.

Hmmm...that didn't happen to me.

Hmmm...that didn't happen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspo
    Just to warn you. If you follow the tiny URL and remove the file name, you recieve the message:

Hacked By HackSero MeTaLLiCa Replicant Exorcist CorS_NeTS

I don't think anything dangerous lurks in there, but apparently his site has been compromised.
    You're right. However, it appears to be just that text and nothing else, fortunately. They probably had CHMOD'd the folder to 777 or something, and that was taken advantage of. (seeing the rest of the site is in good order)

Can someone do a screen grab? I cannot duplicate this. Kinda worried.

Thanks

Hello, I am licensed in musical education and singing lírico, alive in Venezuela, I hope not to be only Latin, seems to me a wonderful course, I am arranged to learn. thanks, Julio

I got it fixed. Thanks for bringing the problem to my attention.

Jonas

Are you absolutely certain that the first link is samples only? This sounds like a real recording to me.

Best,
    Jay

Go Back to forum