• Register
  • Help

Topic: Logic Express

Share/Bookmark

Logic Express

Well... this may make me look stupid... but I was just wondering how it is that when I set up the enviroment in Logic Express just the way it is explained in the tutorials here... and go and create a track and select the channel and such that I no longer have a record button?

I hate asking, it makes me feel a bit... well ... but I normally use Digital Performer and just can't seem to get the hang of working in Logic Express at all... so if someone could help me out... that would be awesome...

thanks.

Re: Logic Express

Okay... well I seem to be a little slow at times... it turns out that I don't need to hit record on the different tracks to record midi... however.. I'm not quite sure how to record several tracks at once...

This is all so much easier in digital performer... perhaps I should just stay there and be happy.

Well I'm an emigre from stuido vision to Logic 4.7 and now Logic 7.

I believe to record several tracks of midi, just 'record enable' all the ones you want to record. I usually do this by accident, so I know it's straight forward to do.
    Sincerely,

Jonathan
    www.hollandaudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by rdonnelly
    Okay... well I seem to be a little slow at times... it turns out that I don't need to hit record on the different tracks to record midi... however.. I'm not quite sure how to record several tracks at once...
    As far as I know this cannot be done in Logic Express and is one of its limitations.
    basses played while you wait..
    Apple Certified Logic Pro Trainer.
    http://www.logicuser.net

Yeah... after a lot of wasted time spent looking into recording midi with logic express, I realized that I am much more happy with performer... I suppose I'll stick to what I know for now...

thanks.

Go Back to forum