• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fin2008- Using Notation Set

Share/Bookmark

Fin2008- Using Notation Set

How does one go about selecting the notation set instruments in Finale's new file wizard?

I've copied the txt file from online and gpo shows as an option along with the Finale GPO set- I only see number 1-8 / no #9. Notation.

Please help a new GPO user.
    Jason DeWater aka Lickety-Split
    Very busy, yet always unproductive.
    Some of my music is here:
    http://www.audiostreet.net/jasondewater

Re: Fin2008- Using Notation Set

Does folder #9 show up in the Kontakt player when you click on the "Load" button?

Tom

Since this appears to be a GPO and not a JABB question I'm moving it to the GPO support section.

Tom

I posted a response on the Finale forum, which I will repeat here, just in case you come to this forum more regularly:

I don't really understand why you are asking about the 1-8 non-notation folders, since you don't actually SEE those from the set-up wizard.

Normally, you start with the Launch Window.
    Then that takes you to the Set-up Wizard's first page where you choose a document style.
    Then you select your instruments/sample library.
    From that pull-down, if you have full version GPO, you should have something like: "Smart music softsynth", "Garritan instruments for Finale", "GPO Finale edition 2.0", and finally "GPO Full 2.0".
    The names of the final two may be a little different - I changed mine to make them shorter and clearer.

I have never seen the "1 through 8" folders when using the Wizard. It only shows me the names of the groups of instruments as follows:
    GPO Woodwinds, GPO Brass, GPO Single Strings, GPO Section Strings, GPO Keyboards, GPO Percussion, GPO Harp

In other words, from the Wizard, you should not even be seeing the non-notation folders. All you should see is the different instrument groups within that 9. Notation folder

You DO have access to them (folders 1 through 8) if you go directly into the Kontact player once the score is set up.
    Of course, the KeySwitches in the non-notation folders are not in the right places for HP to recognize them, so they're not of much use to Finale users.

When Finale sets up the score following use of the setup wizard does it by default go for the notation folder instruments when it sets up the Kontakt player?
    Thanks
    Simon UK

Quote Originally Posted by Simon56
    When Finale sets up the score following use of the setup wizard does it by default go for the notation folder instruments when it sets up the Kontakt player?
    Thanks
    Simon UK
    If you choose GPO or JABB in the wizard, then yes, provided you use the wizard to set up a score from scratch and not to add staves with. In the latter case no instruments are loaded into the Kontakt Player at all.

Go Back to forum