• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vsl & Pt7

Share/Bookmark

Vsl & Pt7

Probably someone has already posted an answer to this, but, if not, do any of you have a simple and stable way of using VSL products with Pro Tools. I haven't yet tried the wrapper method, although it seems to work for some.
    If nothing is satisfactory for PT, then what solution might work for Macs (OS10.4.8). I would prefer doing all mixing etc. in PT, and for now I am using the sequencer in my K2500 to use the stand alone VSL Solo Strings, and recording to another hard disc recorder, then transfering the tracks, which is obviously a clunky solution.
    Thanks for any info, or for directing me to any threads dealing with this.
    aip

Re: Vsl & Pt7

Apparently I'm out of line asking this here. Sorry
    aip

Quote Originally Posted by aip
    Apparently I'm out of line asking this here. Sorry
    aip
    i don't see why you would be out of line for asking a question.

i can't answer as i use a pc along with PT HD on an intel mac. BUT

you will find tons of info here

http://duc.digidesign.com/
    Scott's homegrown website

http://www.scottydotcom.com/

scottsta,
    Thanks for the reply!
    I look at the DUC of PT everyday, but haven't noticed a thread dealing with this problem. I have to explore a bit more, but I asked here in case anyone else had an idea. Probably I'll have to buy the wrapper for VSL, but for the moment I use the method I described.
    PT is my most reliable and most used soft, and when I bought VSL, it was for my present project, and even though it can't be used directly in PT as an instrument, it is so GOOD that I put up with the indirect system of recording, then importing.
    When the cash rolls in (haha), I'll buy more VSL instruments, and find a real solution to the problem.
    Thanks again!
    aip

I just heard it is not a simple task to make RTAS instruments for VSL because of the engine ...

I do not know when the RTAS version of the VSL instrument is coming out but so far I know they are still working on it or at least they try to bring it on the market,...

never tried the VST wrapper ...

best, imusic

Quote Originally Posted by imusic
    I just heard it is not a simple task to make RTAS instruments for VSL because of the engine ...

I do not know when the RTAS version of the VSL instrument is coming out but so far I know they are still working on it or at least they try to bring it on the market,...

never tried the VST wrapper ...

best, imusic
    i thought i read a quote somewhere that VSL will not make an RTAS version simply because RTAS kinda sucks. I know that I'll get flamed for that (i am a HUGE PT fan and have been for a long time) but I have a feeling AU is the way to fly in the mac os.

I do use spectrasonics plugs in rtas. they work fine. i don't load a lot of them though. There are more program savvy people then me that can explain why RTAS isn't a great platform. But i do know that running Kontakt, Giga, Giga vst and forte on the PC with it seeing midi from the mac PT system is a beautiful thing.

best

scott
    Scott's homegrown website

http://www.scottydotcom.com/

Go Back to forum