• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Topic: JABB - GPO Performance Patches now for K2Player

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    JABB - GPO Performance Patches now for K2Player

    Jazz & Big Band - Personal Orchestra Performance Patches now fully playable in the Kontakt Player 2 version 2.2.3 are available at

    Mike's K2 Scripts

    The goal of the patches is to provide a virtual live musician playing the JABB / GPO samples. The provided controls are the mechanism for instructing this virtual musician how a phrase or passage should be interpreted.

    To this end the patches dynamically generate all midi continuous controller values the instrument responds to based on user-defined settings. The scripts enable definable parameter driven legato and slur articulations with portamento, volume, intonation and timbre variations, natural sounding vibrato and various effects including breath and string noise and various pitch bend effects. The Patches also provide easy access to the sound shaping parameters of the instruments adding Convolution Reverb and Stereo modeling to the instruments.

    Demo mp3's are available at the above link


    Comments, criticism, suggestions and general feedback are always welcome

    Mike

  2. #2

    Re: JABB - GPO Performance Patches now for K2Player

    Mike, will your patches help me resolve the issue below? Thanks


    "Hello, can someone please tell me how to set all Instrument Modwheels in Kontact 2.2.3 that are loaded at any setting other than zero and make it stick?

    I find I have to reset the mod wheel after each instrument plays. I thought upgrading to 2.2.3 fixed this issue but it did not.

    I appreciate any suggestions, documentation, tips, etc.. anyone may have on this as I have been trying to resolve this for a few weeks now and it is slowing me down."

  3. #3

    Re: JABB - GPO Performance Patches now for K2Player

    Quote Originally Posted by jrnioa
    Mike, will your patches help me resolve the issue below? Thanks
    Yes, the instruments scripts will generate all modwheel data based on user settings with the modwheel set to 0 or no modwheel messages.

  4. #4

    Re: JABB - GPO Performance Patches now for K2Player

    Hi Mike. I tried out your patches and had this problem:

    I keep my samples on a seperate drive and there doesn't seem to be a way to change the default path the Performance Patches uses to load the samples. I can manually do a search but it does not remember the path.

    Also, there seems to be an IR and a wav file required which I do not have. Can you shed any light on this? Thanks. BTW, I'm using the K2 Player.

    Paul
    AMD Athlon 64X2 4400+ 2.2GHz
    XP Pro 2GB Ram
    80GB OS, 160GB Audio, 320GB Samples
    Delta 66 Omni Sonar 5PE GPO, JABB

  5. #5

    Re: JABB - GPO Performance Patches now for K2Player

    Quote Originally Posted by P R G
    Hi Mike. I tried out your patches and had this problem:

    I keep my samples on a seperate drive and there doesn't seem to be a way to change the default path the Performance Patches uses to load the samples. I can manually do a search but it does not remember the path.

    Also, there seems to be an IR and a wav file required which I do not have. Can you shed any light on this? Thanks. BTW, I'm using the K2 Player.

    Paul
    Paul,

    If you save the patch after it loads with the manual search the new path should be remembered. As for the IR, select skip loading this wav then once the instrument loads select an IR from the available list and save the patch. The studio near wave is the default for all the instruments. You should have no problems with subsiquent loads

  6. #6

    Re: JABB - GPO Performance Patches now for K2Player

    Thanks, Mike. I'll give it a try.

    Paul
    AMD Athlon 64X2 4400+ 2.2GHz
    XP Pro 2GB Ram
    80GB OS, 160GB Audio, 320GB Samples
    Delta 66 Omni Sonar 5PE GPO, JABB

  7. #7

    Re: JABB - GPO Performance Patches now for K2Player

    HI, I was wondering why your kp2 script isnt working for me. I use sonar 8, vst or dxi garritan jabb and orch - I put the script and assign to the same midi channel as my sax, and nothing happens. I read the .pdf, am I missing something,

    thanks!

  8. #8

    Re: JABB - GPO Performance Patches now for K2Player

    Quote Originally Posted by alpoman View Post
    HI, I was wondering why your kp2 script isnt working for me. I use sonar 8, vst or dxi garritan jabb and orch - I put the script and assign to the same midi channel as my sax, and nothing happens. I read the .pdf, am I missing something,

    thanks!
    As installed the Phrase Modeled performance Multi is an empty K2 Player Multi. Instruments have to be selected into the multi and assigned to the channel cooresponding to the Sonar output channel. You also may need to configure the K2 Outputs assigning them to the Sonar audio channels created when the K2 Player was loaded

    Hope this helps

  9. #9

    Re: JABB - GPO Performance Patches now for K2Player

    you say,
    Instruments have to be selected into the multi and assigned to the channel cooresponding to the Sonar output channel.

    how do I make the instruments selected into the multi? here's what I've done so far: open a vsti of k2
    load a melody sax lite or regular sound
    load your script from user multi as in pdf
    set both to omni
    play back my midi file
    I get playback but no knob automation in instrument window, should I see any knobs moving?
    should I see any activity in the script instance window, other than the midi flickering?
    thanks so much, I'm sure this works great - I am just having problems

    andy

  10. #10

    Re: JABB - GPO Performance Patches now for K2Player

    Quote Originally Posted by alpoman View Post
    you say,
    Instruments have to be selected into the multi and assigned to the channel cooresponding to the Sonar output channel.

    how do I make the instruments selected into the multi? here's what I've done so far: open a vsti of k2
    load a melody sax lite or regular sound
    load your script from user multi as in pdf
    set both to omni
    play back my midi file
    I get playback but no knob automation in instrument window, should I see any knobs moving?
    should I see any activity in the script instance window, other than the midi flickering?
    thanks so much, I'm sure this works great - I am just having problems

    andy
    Andy,

    The multi needs to be loaded first then the instruments. When working correctly you should see the knobs moving. When you load the K2 player the default multi Kontakt_Def is loaded. This has to be replaced with the Phrase Modeled Performance Multi for the scripts to run. Once you select instruments into the multi it can be saved with a new name from the Load/Save | Save Multi Menu. Also saving the Project in Sonar will save the complete instance of the K2 Player including the Multi, loaded instruments and all settings.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •