• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: GPO for Reason Update?

Share/Bookmark

GPO for Reason Update?

I was surprised to find out that GPO for Reason hasn't been released by now. Was it scrapped? That's too bad if that's the case. Reason is the way to go if you really are into sound design. A must-have for film-soundtrack stuff! I've always dreamed of having GPO in the Reason environment.

Re: GPO for Reason Update?

Chances are, there are some bugs that showed up that are holding it up. Probably best to let Gary or Tom explain what exactly is going on.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by C J Pro
    Chances are, there are some bugs that showed up that are holding it up. Probably best to let Gary or Tom explain what exactly is going on.
    That's too bad. I can't imagine what it could be, though. Creating Reason Refills is like the easiest thing in the world. No programming required. The biggest challenge, of course, is the sound design aspect. Endlessly tweaking to get that perfect sound!

It sounds to me, though, that perhaps the real holdup is other products taking priority. I can understand that.

Gary posted a couple of months ago in this thread:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=53686

The jist of it was that it was nearly finished.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

The GPO Reason Refill is done. No bugs and we're just doing final administration things like getting it on our shop. This will be our first downloadable product. Release is imminent and just sorting out the final details.

Gary Garritan

Thanks Gary. I'm looking forward to it!

i'm ready to buy.

say when.

Quote Originally Posted by sellout
    i'm ready to buy.

say when.
    sellout,

This is our first downloadable product so this is something new for us. We're almost there.

If you want to be the first customer, and cannot wait any longer, head on over to our download shop and you can order it and download the refill. The price for the reill is $79.95. Here is the link:

http://www.garritan.com/downshop

We'll be announcing it officially soon.

If you order it, let me know how it works for you.

Enjoy!

Gary Garritan

thanks gary, i just bought it... and i'll just assume i was the first one.

i ran thru it briefly. i can say there are no bugs, acts just like a refill should, and the refill sounds very good. my guess is alot of of reason guys would love to have this...and the price is just fine. when i get some time to demo something up i will post an all reason gpo thingy.

thanks again.

sellout,

You are the very first! This is also our first downloadable library. Hopefully this is the start of a series of downloadable sounds.

Thanks for the report. Glad it is working fine. Looking forward to hearing the music you make with it.

My best,

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by sellout
    thanks gary, i just bought it... and i'll just assume i was the first one.

i ran thru it briefly. i can say there are no bugs, acts just like a refill should, and the refill sounds very good. my guess is alot of of reason guys would love to have this...and the price is just fine. when i get some time to demo something up i will post an all reason gpo thingy.

thanks again.

Go Back to forum