• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: OT - Website redesign...

OT - Website redesign...

If you've got a moment, I was just wondering if you could tell me what you thought of my new web design, or if there are any glaring problems in certain browsers or screen resolutions: http://www.wizardwalk.com/home/index.php

It's similar to my old one, but my old one became outdated and had a lot of graphics problems with the new IE and Firefox.

I switched from using an out-of-date Mambo content management system to Dragonfly.

Many thanks!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: OT - Website redesign...

Nice website design. Well laid out and clear. Good job.

Things seem to work with Firefox browser. MP3's download OK.

But the type size is awfully small on a 1440 x somethingorother screen. Not quite unreadable, but difficult enough that people might not want to stay very long squinting.

Looks very well organized to me. As Larry pointed out, the default fonts size might be too small for some people (I enlarged them a bit in FireFox to be really comfortable)

It looks great to me Sean. I'm using a 22" widescreen monitor so I can't speak on the issue of font size. I could read everything very well.
    Last edited by Samantha Penigar; 07-31-2007 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Additions
    Samantha Penigar

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Pittsburgh, PA 15206 USA

I second the comment that the font size is too small.
    I'd use this forum as an example of perfect font sizes.

Yes it's tiny. I took a look around. Those robot podcasts are hilarious! The humor of the absurd. How did you make them? It would be nice, as well as having the titles of the various sections down the left hand side, to also have somewhere the titles with a one-line description of what the visitor can expect to find at each one.
    Vista / Sonar Home Studio 6 / GPO 2d edition / Melodyne Uno 1.8

Looks good! yes, the font is a little small, but readable. My only quibble is that the left column, where one would find music, is a little "matter of fact". I guess because I know you primarily for musical activities, I would assume that music would be more prominently displayed; your reasons for having such a site are, perhaps, larger than that. Otherwise, good to go.
    Ron Pearl

I think it looks great. Easy to follow with a very nice header. It appears very nicely in my browser. I use a laptop with a resolution of 1680 by 1050 pixels so the site appears very clear and clean. I like the side bars.
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: OT - Website redesign...

Hey, that's really cool Sean. Nice web site!

Go Back to forum