• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Internet Explorer 7

Share/Bookmark

Internet Explorer 7

Is anyone using IE7 with Finale 2007/8; full GPO and KP2? I tried it last year and had some low memory issues while using Finale 2007 and the full GPO in a full orchestral score. It may not be related, but I would like to upgrade to IE7. I did have some issues with in internet browser (AT&T Yahoo) at that time as well. I could not upload attachments. That may have been due to the fact that I installed IE7 and then uninstaled it. Some of the IE6 files were currupted as a result.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Re: Internet Explorer 7

I've seen IE7 slow down the performance of quite a few machines. and not just for browsing. I'm talking about even booting up and running other programs.
    Uninstalling it in Add / Remove Programs cured the issues those machines had anf got them "back to normal."

I'd definately not have it in any machine I own.

General advice:
    Disable Automatic Updates if you own XP.
    XP is at end of life.
    Wait for XP Sp-3 and be very selective about what you allow to be installed.
    If SP-3 forces IE7 then make sure you have a full image to restore to before testing sp-3.

Pray that the Linux community get's a grant to write audio card drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Karl
    I've seen IE7 slow down the performance of quite a few machines. and not just for browsing. I'm talking about even booting up and running other programs.
    Uninstalling it in Add / Remove Programs cured the issues those machines had anf got them "back to normal."

I'd definately not have it in any machine I own.

General advice:
    Disable Automatic Updates if you own XP.
    XP is at end of life.
    Wait for XP Sp-3 and be very selective about what you allow to be installed.
    If SP-3 forces IE7 then make sure you have a full image to restore to before testing sp-3.

Pray that the Linux community get's a grant to write audio card drivers.
    When I installed it and then uninstalled it, I ultimately spent more than ten hours on the phone before I could find someone at Microsoft who knew how to remove the currupted files and restore IE6 back to its origional file setup.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Along with some others on this forum, I found IE7 intefered with Flash files. As a result all the music examples in the Rimksy orchestration course vanished. The solution was to revert to IE6 where I still remain.

I tried IE7 for less than an hour, and uninstalled it. It slowed my PC down dramatically when loading multimedia content, and was, IMO, actually less user-friendly.

But uninstalling it didn't give me any problems... just relief.
    Best of luck,
    David Guinness

Dell P4 2.66GHz, 2GB RAM, Windows XP Pro SP2, Finale 2007c, GPO and JABB with KP2
    HP AMD 2.3Ghz Dual, 3GB RAM, Vista Home Premium, Finale 2008, GPO, JABB, Gofriller Solo Cello with KP2

I installed it the other day too and it slowed my system down big time, I just uninstalled it from the "Add/Remove" programs list, and everything is back the way it was...
    what a joke
    Dan

I stopped using it when i started only using my Mac. Now everything is back to the way it was and my hair has grown back.

Leaf, at your hair has a chance to grow back. I go from problem to problem. Latest problem: clearing the firmware on my router by trying to clear accidental blocks on the top sites I vist (this one included).

My recommendation for those dealing with Internet Explorer-related problems: Get Mozilla Firefox or Opera. Heck, the only thing I've used internet explorer for recently was to get Firefox.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

I have it too. Can that be the cause of "it takes too long to install other programs" ? Sometimes for a fairly small program I have to wait more than 15 minutes.

Raymond

I've installed IE 7 on quite a few machines and it works about the same speed as IE6. There are a couple compatibility issues at work although most have now been fixed. BTW, I don't have it installed on my main music machine.

Jim

Go Back to forum