• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Images of Love (JaBB using Mikes K2 Script)

Share/Bookmark

Images of Love (JaBB using Mikes K2 Script)

Well, It's a pretty tune that I thought up and put harmony to. I used Band n A Box to give me the back up parts but did everything else myself. Mikes K2 script really helps but I am still learning it. (Maybe I should read the documentation.)

I like what the script helps with but I'm sure I missed some of the finer points Mike!

Give it a listen and relax!

Images of Love
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Images of Love (JaBB using Mikes K2 Script)

A well written and relaxing piece! Drums/basses a bit too loud for my taste.

Really nice "easy listening" sort of cut, Rich; smooth work.
    Darned nice job on this... enjoyed it.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Sunbird,

Thanks for the nice comments. I appreciate the feedback on the mixing. Afer listening again this morning, I realized you are correct about the bass and drums, so I remixed it. Hopefully, the balance is a little better. I am still not happy with the tenor sax. It just sounds too bright for me. I don't know if it is me or the JaBB tenor tht Mike used in the K2 script he wrote. My preference has never been for Tenor Sax 2. I like Tenor Sax 4 persoanlly, but I know it is all in personal taste as to the sound of the tenor.

Again, Thanks. I appreciate the time you took to listen.

David,

You are always a gentleman and so kind with your words. It definitely was just designed to be easy listening and nothing more. You hit the nail on the head again.

Thanks for giving this piece a listen.

Rich

Hi RichR,

I think there isn't enough stereo seperation in this example.

It's just a joke!

Beautiful work and the clarinet solo is much more believable (hmm, if you can believe that any clarinet is believable. Should be a trumpet solo!)

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

The solution is obvious: a fatter head... lol.

I really enjoyed this. I liked the "bridgey" section around 1:00-1:20 especially.

Hey, Rich - This is great that you took Mike's K2 scripts out for a test ride. His post about them in General Discussion was interesting - I didn't know quite what to make of it, since it seemed aimed at notation users and I use Sonar. Hey--I'M the musician he's saying his program replaces--I don't want that!

But this is a really good piece you put together. The Sax sounds great to me--you don't mean, however, that to use the script you were forced to use a different Sax than the one you prefer?

Band in the Box for the rhythm backing - To save time? Sounds fine, but it can't be as satisfying as doing it all from scratch hmmm?

I enjoyed and liked Very much--Interesting info in your post too.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Rich,
    The Melody is pretty! The Solo sax is fantastic too! except the bass and Drum like others mentioned!
    IMO, with little touches on the Rhythms/Drum to get less mechanic feels would be nice!

Long

wrayer,

Well, those who can't play clarinet learn trumpet. (I'm only joking....well maybe)

Thanks for the comments. I left out the solo clarinet ala Eddie Daniels because my wife didn't like it.

etLux,

Don't give my brother any more ammunition.

squoze,

Thanks, I enjoyed writing the little bridge and giving the back up players a little room.

Randy,

Band in the Box for the rhythm backing - To save time? Sounds fine, but it can't be as satisfying as doing it all from scratch hmmm?
    Well, it is summer time and there are a lot of golf courses out there to explore. So, I did the quick band and used BIAB. If you take your time and tinker with it it can sound pretty good.

As for Mike's scripts, as I understand them, they are not just for notation programs but, give a scripted formula for putting in the various CC's that are use in the Kontakt Player for Garritan samples. I am not sure you could just run them in a notation program, but then my notation program is not up to date so I am not certain. You don't have any flexibility except for what the script does. You can tweak the settings and use some presets but that's all I have figured out so far.

As for the saxophone (or any JaBB instrument) he has only a few that actually use the script at this point. They are all in a special folder of his making which is put in the Garritan Jazz and Big Band folder on your hard drive. Currently the only tenor that is scripted is the Tenor Sax 2. I personally like the more mellow, breathy Tenor Sax 4 but often use Tenor Sax 3 (which is the one in the demo on CC controls using a transcription of Ian Bellamy [not sure of spelling]. It tries to capture the inflections of Joaz's great sax playing friend.)

Thanks for the comments.

Long,

Thanks for the nice comments on the melody and the sax. I absolutely agree with you and Bass and drums (though often taken for granted) can drive or dive a piece of music. I usually prefer to separate the drums into multiple tracks and give them some drive and randomness. Bass is also important to use in a push-pull way to drive a piece. BIAB does go a long way in trying to accomplish this but as yet not quite far enough (IMHO).

I am glad you had a chance to listen.

Rich

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast