• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Impending Doom w/Voice

Share/Bookmark

Impending Doom w/Voice

This is a re-mix of the 1st movement of my Symphonic Poem: The Reach Beyond Tomorrow. I have added the vocal parts. Though there is text, this rendering was only capable of using the "AH" sound. This was accomplished by using Magnus Choir samples. It does give the listener a chance to experience the piece with all voices represented.

Impending Doom - MM I

Before you comment on the quality of the choral parts, this is the best software I can afford on my budget. It does beat out the Finale 2008 vocal sounds.
    Last edited by wrayer; 08-01-2007 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Fixed Link
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Impending Doom w/Voice

I'm not getting the link right. ??

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Yes, Bill - Your link isn't working. Looking forward to when you have fixed up.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Well I'll be, I pasted the wrong numbers - Sorry. Link is fixed and should work fine now.

Just in case try this link: MM I with vocal

Challenge #10 Winner

Bill,

Very interesting work, stirring, moving, nicely rendered. I think that vocals worked quiet well. It's hard to find good vocal libraries.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

I enjoyed listening to you composition very much thank you for sharing it. I feel honored to have had the privilege to listen. The fact that you took the time to write it and then share it tells me that you aren't afraid to express what is in your heart. One's art is a part of one's soul and thank you for sharing a part of who you are with me in this touching and moving composition.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

How long have we got Bill,

Should I try a bit adultery, rape and pillage etc. with no chance of a jail term.

Ray

Gary

Thanks for listening. This along with the other 3 (maybe 4) movements will be packaged with the book I am writing of the same title.

Samantha

Our souls speak and we must answer. Art is always to be shared. It is the mark of our inteligence (ART) and our humanity. Thanks for listening.

Razalaf

What a hoot. ROFL!

Aw, you read the book already. Actually, no, it is about the best in humanity. I won't give anymore clues. Thanks for listening.

Challenge #10 Winner

Yes, I made an aah choir track -- also for budgetary reasons -- but it's very limiting as you've probably found out. You have some nice string passages and woodwind passages in there. The only thing I'd say is, if Impending Doom is your desired mood, there are some passages where the strings, aahs and brass all seem to be playing relatively long notes. How would it sound in those passages if the strings raced away in 16th notes or even 32nd notes, maybe even a little discordant?
    Vista / Sonar Home Studio 6 / GPO 2d edition / Melodyne Uno 1.8

Quote Originally Posted by diligamus
    Yes, I made an aah choir track -- also for budgetary reasons -- but it's very limiting as you've probably found out. You have some nice string passages and woodwind passages in there. The only thing I'd say is, if Impending Doom is your desired mood, there are some passages where the strings, aahs and brass all seem to be playing relatively long notes. How would it sound in those passages if the strings raced away in 16th notes or even 32nd notes, maybe even a little discordant?
    Interesting thought. I will look into that. The intent of this movement (the 1st) was to set the stage/mood of somberness and dismay. I do use faster passages in later movements, but you raise an interesting point for this particular movement. I will definitely look into that concept. Thanks for the suggestion.

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast