• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Cinematic percussions - recommendations?

Share/Bookmark

Cinematic percussions - recommendations?

Hi!

I need some cinematic percussions -library. I really like what Storm Drum offers, BUT I simply won't buy it because it has a USB key protection. I just hate those and will never buy a product with a USB dongle required. I can live with any kind of copy protection as long as it doesn't get on my way. And since a USB key is physical, I just won't accept it.

Ok I'm drifting from my question: any recommendations of this kind of percussions that wouldn't require a hardware dongle?

What I'm looking for is this kind of boomy drums that play intense rhythm when someone's chasing someone or metallic percussion hits when something horrible is happening. I guess you know what I mean.

Cinematic percussions - recommendations?

Hi!

I need some cinematic percussions -library. I really like what Storm Drum offers, BUT I simply won't buy it because it has a USB key protection. I just hate those and will never buy a product with a USB dongle required. I can live with any kind of copy protection as long as it doesn't get on my way. And since a USB key is physical, I just won't accept it.

Ok I'm drifting from my question: any recommendations of this kind of percussions that wouldn't require a hardware dongle?

What I'm looking for is this kind of boomy drums that play intense rhythm when someone's chasing someone or metallic percussion hits when something horrible is happening. I guess you know what I mean.

Re: Cinematic percussions - recommendations?

Stylus has a lot in this category; "Cinematic", "Ambient Metals" and more. I use it frequently when I need larger than life percussion.

Hi karvasika,

you might like to create those sounds on your own:
    try to combine a few 'prepared piano' samples from stormdrum for the accent and a 24db deep low passed pink noise from an analog synth.

For the mix don't emphasize the lowest frequencies to much, because that would reduce the audible presence.

Big Noise!

Exclamation Re: Cinematic percussions - recommendations?

Storm Drum is king, Ethno Drums by MOTU is also really good. However both require a dongle. Actually I can't think of anyone offering this kind of sample library that doesn't require a dongle. Maybe I'm missing one but I don't think so.

I used to let dongles bother me. Now I just plug them in, purchase a backup and forget about them. No hassle no worry so far, though I've heard others with stories that are ugly.

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Try True Strike?

I second the ProjectSAM TrueStrike recommendation.
    Mr. Kerry Muzzey

True Strike 2 is the one you need.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott
    True Strike 2 is the one you need.

Rob
    Agreed. It's fantastic!

Consider the new "Impact Steel" from Impact Soundworks. It's less recorded, highly playable, less than $100 and sounds quite unique.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Go Back to forum