• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hi from Linux !

Share/Bookmark

Hi from Linux !

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    After epic fighting against some very nasty rootkits I decided to surf on the Web exclusively aboard Linux.

This is my first post from Linuxland

SergeD

Re: Hi from Linux !

Which distro?
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Quote Originally Posted by Serge
    After epic fighting against some very nasty rootkits I decided to surf on the Web exclusively aboard Linux.

This is my first post from Linuxland

SergeD
    I want to switch eventually. Not too hard is it?

If you even know about linux, you should have no problem installing it.
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Hi,

Fedora 7 flavor which you can have in the Linux Magazine August release.

I would not say Linux is friendly user. But it's a lot more easier since Unix. It worth to have at least as a tool kit for killing virus like rootkits where even Sysinternals tools fail to do the job.

The big problem with Linux is to make your modem work Mine is an old Lucent Winmodem.

To be honest I'm in windows now but the initial thread was sent from Linux planet.

I made the big mistake to install sp2. Since the update it's everything daily problems. But thanks God my project is almost finish

SergeD

Ah yes. I had that Winmodem problem a few years back, but luckily there were linux drivers for it. Then I got Cable, and havent had a problem yet.

Cheers
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Quote Originally Posted by Serge
    Hi,

Fedora 7 flavor which you can have in the Linux Magazine August release.

I would not say Linux is friendly user. But it's a lot more easier since Unix. It worth to have at least as a tool kit for killing virus like rootkits where even Sysinternals tools fail to do the job.

The big problem with Linux is to make your modem work Mine is an old Lucent Winmodem.

To be honest I'm in windows now but the initial thread was sent from Linux planet.

I made the big mistake to install sp2. Since the update it's everything daily problems. But thanks God my project is almost finish

SergeD
    You mean you're having problem with you DAW and sp2? If so I'm thrill i did not upgrade.

It's strange because i though sp2 was pretty much the same thing plus the firewall. I guess the firewall is the problem then? And it's not even effective. lol... crap!

Quote Originally Posted by FireGS
    If you even know about linux, you should have no problem installing it.
    That easy?... Well that's good then because I'm really not computer savvy....

Go Back to forum