• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ensemble Building

Share/Bookmark

Ensemble Building

How do you do ensemble building with string pizzacato sounds? I can't find a way to do this.

Thanks,
    Richard

Re: Ensemble Building

Hi, Richard

Here's what works for me:

When I'm working with strings, and using ensemble patches, I always use the keyswitch versions so I have Pizz available whenever I want. I'll add that I also include a solo string instrument for each section, because it adds depth and realism to the string orchestra.

If I'm doing a smaller ensemble, made up of the various solo instruments - I also use the KS versions.

With any number of strings loaded in my Kontact, it's a simple matter of keyswitching each track/instrument for the Pizz passage when the time comes.

It's no different than assembling your section to begin with.

Is there something different you're doing which prevents doing what I'm talking about?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

basically there aren't enough KS instruments to actually BUILD an ensemble.

Hi, Michel

What you're saying is accurate, but I've found that a little bit of Pizz goes along ways. You don't need more than a few instruments plucking away and with proper mixing, you have the sound you need.

I'm still rather curious why this ever seemed a problem - Sharkbat?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hi, Michel

What you're saying is accurate, but I've found that a little bit of Pizz goes along ways. You don't need more than a few instruments plucking away and with proper mixing, you have the sound you need.

I'm still rather curious why this ever seemed a problem - Sharkbat?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Because I wanted to use the ensemble patches for it and there were no ensemble pizz. instruments. Thanks for the advice though, that is what I had been doing, but I wanted to see if there was any other way.

Thanks,
    Richard

OK, Sharkbat, good to hear from you

But there are ensemble KS instruments, and those are easy to use. I guess you mean you Have been doing it that way but were hoping there was perhaps an easier way. -Well, as long as you have a way to achieve what you want!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

I know there are ensemble KS instruments, but what I was asking about was if the plr instruments (Violin 1 gagli plr1, etc.) had pizzicato. I guess they don't, so I will just keep doing it the way I have been, which is fine. Thanks for all the quick replies. It's good to know that I can post questions here and get such prompt response!

Thanks,
    Richard

OH! I see - Well that wasn't clear to me from your original question.

There Are KS versions of each of the solo strings though - That gives you 3 at a time, which can be quite a good sound. The player versions don't have KSs, that's right.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Go Back to forum