• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Some of my music

Some of my music

Yesterday I got the fallowing message in another thread... :

Quote Originally Posted by rayzalaf
    Hi Gunther,

You tend to do a lot of discussing and very little posting of pieces in the listening room. When you give someone advice on eq, tempo volume level or something why not give us an example that we may learn from.

OK, in the last past I mostly produced radiospots. I compose the spotideas, the texts and cast the spotspeakers, compose the music, look for the right sfx and mix it all together and hope the people enjoy this...

Here now I post some of my work where music is included.

There are only some Garritan Strings, the other sounds are from EMU Samplers and Roland, the guitars I have played live.

So now you all can hear what I do every day with my instruments.

I whish you much fun with listen and perhaps you enjoy this kind of using musicinstruments... .

P:S.: Be sure that I soon post more with Garritan Instruments...
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

San Jose, Ca, USA

Re: Some of my music

Sounds good, except I do not understand German, Gunther!
    BTW, Did you play the Guitar at 3:32 something? I'm impressed!

GUUUunther! - This is the most pure straight-ahead fun I've had all day, listening to your pastiche of radio spots - I have NOoo idea what the voice overs are saying, and I don't care, it all just sounds so energetic and thoroughly professional in all aspects of the production.

Do you know the expression, "A Jack of all trades"--? It refers to someone who manages to excel in many areas. Obviously that's What you are, with all the different "hats" you have to wear when you're putting these radio spots together.

Music - that's the topic here, oh yeah - The music! Look at all these different styles, each snippet sounding solid and just plain perfect.

I am So glad that you made something positive out of that post on that General Discussion thread. See? Positive energy can flow from the most unlikely places.

T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U for this juicy sounding glimpse into what you spend your time doing over there in Germany. Your output is both impressive and admirable. Any of us here should be so lucky as to be deep in the middle of doing what we love best, the way you are.

Randy B.

You're obviously a professional at this Gunther. It's great to have you on the forum contributing to our amateur efforts. Do you have formal training like a university degree or something?
    Vista / Sonar Home Studio 6 / GPO 2d edition / Melodyne Uno 1.8

Dallas, TX

Great sounds, Gunther, very impressive!

Sehr gut! I understood every word. (No, I didn't.)

We have something in common, Gunther. I had a 37-year radio broadcasting career. I did on-the-air work but I specialized in creating, writing, voicing and producing commercials for many years.

I like your work. Thanks for posting it.

Best regards,

Larry G. Alexander

Very impressive in each aspect I can think of - spotting, recording, mixing ... overall a great document of your excellent musicianship, Gunther!

BTW some of the cues sound familiar because ... well I have heard them in the radio, hehe!
    All your strings belong to me!

Well, whatever you are selling, I'll buy. These all sound very professional -
    well, they are professional! Great work - you really know what you are doing.
    Ron Pearl

Great stuff!!

You should have posted these long ago!

A fun listen as a final radio spot broadcast (with announcements) It would be interesting to hear these separate from the commentaries though.

excellent work!

Thumbs up Re: Some of my music

These sounded great. Your ability to switch genres (a banjo in Germany?!) to fit the commercial is terrific. I wish I could switch gears like that. I bet you have a ton of fun putting these together!

We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast