• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Trio for Harp, Flute, and Oboe, No 2

Trio for Harp, Flute, and Oboe, No 2

Here's my second trio for the harp, flute, and oboe. It's pretty simple, just melodies with harp arpeggios, but simple can be quite delicious in my opinion. Any sort of feedback is welcome, but I mostly post this for your listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy!

And here's the YouTube experience: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I216f6BDiNM

Thanks for listening.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: Trio for Harp, Flute, and Oboe, No 2

Hi Sean,

Although simple as you said and repetitive, it stays lovely and pleasurable to the ear from start to end because of the instruments taking turns and the variations.

San Jose, Ca, USA

The Melody is beautiful! Excellent Harp, Flute and Oboe composition!
    I enjoy the tunes very much!

It's the Soothing Sounds of Sean again--aaaah, now that's a nice. I sure agree with you, Sean that "...simple can be quite delicious..." I admire your ability to work in that way, because to use this kind of restraint and simplicity can be difficult for me. It's so enjoyable to see other people succeed in areas I'm where I'm not as proficient.

The direct key changes without preparatory modulation worked nicely for me, and the way the melody became more abstracted as the repetitions went on was also a pleasant development to follow.

The chord progression is So tried-and-true, that I was rebelling slightly at its predictability when I first started listening, but then I let go of that and just let the music wash over me the way it was intended.

Really enjoyable, thanks, Sean.

Randy B.

This is very nice Sean. I really like the flute an obe together on this. The oboe sounds very full to me here. I like it alot. As you said, it is simple but it makes a very nice statement.

Very cute piece again from you, Sean. Very tranquil mood and the instruments sound so very good together. I have to admit, the modulations are a little strange , but I love you music. Congratulations on a splendid composition.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Penfield (Rochester), NY

This is a very lovely work that you have presented here. Simple, clean but very compelling. Thanks for sharing it with us.

less is often more... . You showed this to us very well!

A very nice melody and arrangement!

I have one suggestion about the mix. Sean, how do you think about placing the harp into the center and the others, one more to the left and the other more to the right? (but, only my suggestion...)

Best whishes!

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

One of these days somebody's going to come looking
    for you for a film score, Sean.

Beautifully done. Simple, clean, straightforward; yet
    with very lovely melodic content and a sophistication
    in the harmonic scheme that retains interest and keeps
    the listener engaged, looking forward to the next thought.

My best,

Simple and elegant. I am always trying to remind myself of what you have already accomplished. Less is more.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast