• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: a moment to share (small chamber orch.)

Share/Bookmark

a moment to share (small chamber orch.)

This is my second attempt at writing for a small chamber orchestra. It uses all GPO instruments. Please listen and comment.
    Thanks -Jay

www.katejesse.com/moment.mp3

Re: a moment to share (small chamber orch.)

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    This is my second attempt at writing for a small chamber orchestra. It uses all GPO instruments. Please listen and comment.
    Thanks -Jay

www.katejesse.com/moment.mp3
    That's delightful, Mr. Jay! I like the fugue-like treatment and your chordal progressions are nice.

Good work. I enjoyed your music very much. Let us hear more.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Very beautiful piece, Jay. I like the way you orchestrate this, very delicate. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

A nice little piece that I found enjoyable. I am curious though, did you really want every note tongued? And every note by the strings bowed individually?

Jay,

this is very nice, I like it! A fine composition and well arranged!

My Best

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Thank you for listening larry. I am trying to get a good handle on this kind of setting. I just have to keep working at it until I get it right.

louisd, I appreciate your nice words. Thanks for listening.

Rolifer, I am glad that you enjoyed this. In some spots I wanted to have the notes bowed, or tongued but I do not have every note bowed or tongued. I took some time to get a legato effect where I wanted it. Thanks for commenting.

Gunther, thank you. I was trying to develop a main theme without getting to repetitious so I worked a little on changing what instruments played which part.
    -jay

Jay, some good strong writing here and the rendering is well executed too. It's good to hear each of the parts given equal weight. This is more easily achieved with a chamber orchestra - but because they are more exposed, you have less head room for error. I found each of the parts very convincing in this and the overall sound and balance is excellent.

Regards, Graham

Very Gentle and refined, with an excellent balance between the instruments!!

Good job.
    Matt

Hi, Jay

An "attempt" ?- I'd say this is much more than that, it's a piece, a work, a solid composition.

I really admire how calm and steady this is, never wanting to break into a more dramatic mode, but singing along in a gently happy way, content to just be its own unique self. The arrangement sounds intelligent and effective, the recording is fine.

I'm impressed, Jay, and really enjoyed my time listening. Thanks!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Graham, I very much appreciate your nice words. I am glad to hear that the balance worked for you. This is an ongoing thing for me to get control over the balance of sound.

Matt, I was trying to be gentle with this piece. I am pleased that you liked it.

Thank you very much randy. I listen to stuff by you and other members on this forum, to try and match the quality of music. I think I have said this before, but I have learned more from the music on this forum, and the great input I have received on my songs, than I have learned in all the time I have been messing with music. Please keep your appreciative comments a-comin.
    -Jay

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast