• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Some Jazz and JABB

Share/Bookmark

Some Jazz and JABB

This is my first post of music in this forum and unforunately, it is not a classical piece like I usually write. I hope to purchase GPO this fall to go with Sibelius, but I received JABB as a gift and decided to go outside my expertise and try something new. This is the 4th rewrite of a Jazz piece and I hope someone likes it. I am still learning how to get JABB to work with Sib 4, so I'm sure this could be better. It is a short piece, just a little over 3 minutes long. Any and all comments would be appreciated.

Here is the MP3
    http://www.box.net/shared/5xgomrvlq2

Re: Some Jazz and JABB

Welcome rolifer,

an interesting composition, and its cool arranged!

I am sure you will fast learn to use jabb with sib4 best.

My Best

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Hi Ron, and WELCOME to the forum!

I hope you consider the Listening room your new home.

Great work on this! Just give it some time and you'll be an expert soon.
    Good to see you in here.

Michael

PS Give it some time. It's always slow on the weekend.
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist
    Welcome rolifer,

an interesting composition, and its cool arranged!

I am sure you will fast learn to use jabb with sib4 best.

My Best

Gunther
    Thank you for welcoming me here. I have heard great things about this site and hope I fit in.

Thanks again Michael. 2 comments in a few hours beats the hell out of 2 in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer
    Thank you for welcoming me here. I have heard great things about this site and hope I fit in.

Thanks again Michael. 2 comments in a few hours beats the hell out of 2 in a month.
    This site is the best I know.....
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Hi, rolifer - I know I've seen you somewhere, the other Garritan Forums? Glad to see you finally posting something here!

But why "...unfortunately, it is not a classical piece like I usually write..." ? Because that's what you write more of, I guess you meant - But each piece we do Is what it Is, and I for one certainly wouldn't say Jazz is somehow "less" than modern-classical.

ANyway - I like where you took me with this piece. I got more than a glimpse into your musical mind and it was an interesting vista indeed.

I'd prefer to hear your combo move forward to us a bit - as in, the recording with less reverb. They're sitting pretty far back there.

Thanks - This was intriguing, and I want to hear this again right away--here I go.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hi, rolifer - I know I've seen you somewhere, the other Garritan Forums? Glad to see you finally posting something here!

But why "...unfortunately, it is not a classical piece like I usually write..." ? Because that's what you write more of, I guess you meant - But each piece we do Is what it Is, and I for one certainly wouldn't say Jazz is somehow "less" than modern-classical.

ANyway - I like where you took me with this piece. I got more than a glimpse into your musical mind and it was an interesting vista indeed.

I'd prefer to hear your combo move forward to us a bit - as in, the recording with less reverb. They're sitting pretty far back there.

Thanks - This was intriguing, and I want to hear this again right away--here I go.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    My first love is classical music. But since I do not have gpo yet, I will follow the rules and not post until I do. I am also in a bit of a slump, but writing jazz(with jabb and sib) has been helping me get back into the swing. My favorite style of work is string quartets followed closely with symphonic pieces. This does not mean that I think Jazz is any less important of a style than classical is.

I can't wait to get gpo so I can show what I can really do. Jazz is a ton of fun, but I am so new at it that I know my work is lacking the skill I have seen displayed here not only in Jazz, but other types of music as well. Thank you and to all for the kind replies.

Hey Ron, I think it would be OK if you were to use some of the JABB instruments in your orchestral works and then posted them here. They don't have to be 100% completely Garritan. Just a suggestion until you get GPO.

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

I have a hunch that you compose modern music. It sounds like you have lots of ideas to work with.

Phil

Welcome aboard, Ron!

I will be most interested to hear your orchestral work, based
    on a listen to this one... quite a ride; the more abstract
    realms of Jazz aren't areas where I'm well equipped to
    comment, but the way this goes together was a fascinating
    listen.

I might suggest a little tighter reverb with the rendering
    on this; but the overall sound was convincing and well done.

Keep it coming!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast