• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Vivaldi-Adagio/STRAD

It's been a while since somebody posted some stradivari music, so I thought it would've been nice to offer this adagio from the Winter concerto (the Four Seasons) by A. Vivaldi, a fresh snowy piece in this hot summer. I hope you enjoy...

for those who might be interested, here is the midifile of the adagio...

and here is an Impulse Response I've done to warm up the sound of the Strad...

Last edited by oldbob; 08-09-2007 at 03:55 PM. Reason: midifile added + IR

Penfield (Rochester), NY

Re: Vivaldi-Adagio/STRAD

Lovely work and a fine presentation that you have made with the Strad. BRAVO!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us.

I enjoyed it very much! Very well done! The stradivari sound is soooo great and you know exactly to play it!

My Best

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Beautiful sound. I got an extra 50 bucks to spend. Think I can pick up a Strad. for that?

Gary, Gunther and rolifer, thank you! I must say I still can't achieve the violin timbre I have in mind, it still needs experimenting... thanks for listening

Lo gradisco!

This is wonderful, Rob. IIAntonio V. himself would have been amazed and proud of you.

This is sample realism at its best and I enjoyed it very much. It is obvious that you put a lot of work into it. Thank you.

My best,

Larry G. Alexander

Larry, my friend, thanks for your kindness... yes, I put a lot of work in these pieces, but I believe it is time well spent... putting myself in the shoes of a violinist teaches me more about the violin than any instrumentation book!

take care

Just a marvelous sound and attention to detail. All the work you put into this rendition is well worth it and more.

BRAVO, Roberto

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Roberto, it's always a brighter day when you post some music here.

And now, what a Perfect piece to work on for featuring the great Garritan Strad. It's such an incredibly expressive virtual instrument, and there couldn't be a better demonstration of it than what you have here.

Side note - I've seen posts in the Strad Forum occasionally from people who have trouble with the library. Some people have even suggested re-writing the programming due to what I think are misunderstandings on their part. It's always a bit perplexing to me, because all the information needed is there in the manual, and I had the Strad singing as it should during my first session with it. It seems very intuitive and well designed to me.

But back to your Vivaldi - Allow me to say I think it's Perfection.

wow--thank you so much, Roberto.

Randy B.

Wilton, NH

The strad sounds gorgeous here. Very well done.
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast