• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question for Stylus RMX users

Share/Bookmark

Question for Stylus RMX users

Hello, everyone! I am interested in incorporating some Native American drumming into my music, which is primarily ambient. I have listened to the informative and enjoyable demos of Stylus RMX on the Spectrasonics website, but did not quite find an example of what I have been looking for. I apologize for not having a sample/reference to indicate anything more specific. Can anyone who uses the software comment on its availability of sounds/programming potential in the Native American, ethnic, and tribal genres? I appreciate your time in responding to this this thread and look forward to reading about your opinions and observations. Thank you and be well!

Re: Question for Stylus RMX users

There are two Stylus RMX SAGE Xpanders that have some wonderful percussion on them:

Liquid Grooves and Ethno Techno

In particular, Liquid Grooves has some material that is very applicable to the Native American type of rhythm genre...both they are both really useful.

Voices of native america from Q up arts has some authentic drumloops from that genre but unfortunately it is not available in the REX format.
    I remember using it back in the day in AIFF format.
    It took forever to cut every loop into slices by hand and rearrange the hits in Logics arrange window.
    Makes me appreciate the convenience of RMX even more!

Hans

Thank you, everyone, for your responses. I appreciate your input and will use your advice carefully and wisely. Thanks, again!

Also note, that ANY loops can be added to the RMX, if they are in the REX 2 format.

Spend the 200 bucks on Recycle, and you have an easy way to chop up audio loops, save them as a REX file, and import them into RMX, where they'll be readily and always available.

So technically, there isn't really any style of drumming that RMX can't handle, when you realize this.

Go Back to forum