• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Flight of the Phoenix

Flight of the Phoenix

Hi Everyone.

It's been ages! I have been so busy I've hardly had any time to write music. Here's my newest piece, let me know what you think!

Flight of the Phoenix
    Chris Hurn
    4:42, MP3 (160kbs)

Re: Flight of the Phoenix

I have always thought that you are one of the most talented young composers I have ever heard and this latest effort of yours strengthens this belief.

Beautiful music and a great writing job. Thanks for posting.

My best,

Larry G. Alexander

This music is beautiful and very touching. It sounds simply awesome! Great job and thank you for sharing it with us.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Hello, Chris

You're right--it Has been Ages, and that's much too long.

I'm so happy to have your new piece up here for us all to bathe in - and that's an appropriate phrase, bathe in, because your "Flight of the Phoenix" is a gorgeously composed, arranged and recorded piece which one can just dive into like a warm, inviting pool of water.

I had the wrong expectation after reading the title but before listening. Knowing that the Phoenix rises again from its own ashes, I was thinking of the struggle involved, and so thought perhaps there was going to be this positive and redemptive energy only following a darker opening.

No, I was wrong, and I like to be surprised-You've focused on the life affirming part of the Phoenix's story--the white light that begins as the Phoenix rises again and soars in the sky away from the ashes. You have painted that re-birth in a thrilling, thoroughly exciting way.

Thank you!

Randy B.

this is soooo great!

this music is very beautiful and greatly arranged! I like it very much, also the mix is very good! I have just downloaded it to my "Best of the Listeningroom" folder.

My Best

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Hi Chris, I don't feel I can add much to what has already been said, but just wanted to say 'I loved it!'

Fantasic composition and fantastic recording

You can listen to my latest piece here -

Wonderful work!

I too was surprised by this arrangement, expecting a highly dramatic piece ( similar to that from John Powell's: Dark Phoenix ).

What a pleasant surprise!

Yet I can detect similarities to his style, Was there any influence from this X-men soundtrack?

I admire the slow thoughtful development of your composition.

Very nice work!

Penfield (Rochester), NY

Fantasic work you have presented here. No need to make comparisons to anything else. It stands boldy on its own!!

Excellent piece. The theme is strong and keeps the piece moving and maintains a certain energy in the piece. I'd personally like to learn how to compose the slower, more majestic style of music that you just demonstrated.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast