• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: To Gary

Share/Bookmark

To Gary

Gary, I just went to the "More than 1,000 demo's" on your main website.
    I clicked some files at random (e.g. Beethoven 5th Symph.) and although it is stated that they are MP3, my Windows player cannot recognize the file format (telling me that maybe the codec isn't loaded). In another setting my Windows player recognizes MP3 files as normal, so there must be something wrong with some of those files in that demo page.

Raymond

Re: To Gary

Hi Raymond,

Can you try downloading one of the MP3 files and play it locally? Right click on Play and save it to your hard drive.

Let me know how you get on with that and then we'll look at what codecs might be required.

Tony

Over 1,000 User Demos!

This is the page I was talking about. Right click doesn't do anything. I only can save html doing that.

Raymond

Raymond, you got me curious with this post, so I just now went to the Garritan site to see what would happen on the demo page.

SAME THING - None of the MP3 links work. Right-clicking does nothing, because there's no MP3 associated - just the HTML.

And the very first page of the demos blinks by after just a second - I catch a glimpse of a list of pieces, then I'm immediately re-directed to this page where nothing is working.

Gary said in his recent Demo page thread that things are transition there, but I didn't expect it to be non-functioning.

?!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by tmonaghan
    Hi Raymond,

Can you try downloading one of the MP3 files and play it locally? Right click on Play and save it to your hard drive.

Let me know how you get on with that and then we'll look at what codecs might be required.

Tony
    Tony,

Like Randy i was curious so I tried your suggestion but it appears all the mp3 links are all pointing to the Garritan home page.

Mike

Mike, "...it appears all the mp3 links are all pointing to the Garritan home page..."

I guess it's working even differently for you? When I click on a "play" button for an MP3 on the demo page, a Windows pop-up comes up asking me what program to open it with, because the file extension isn't recognized. And, as reported before, right clicking isn't an option - that only gets me the HTML code for the page.

?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Randy,

Probably a matter of the browser and version etc. if I click on play I get a similar message as Raymond. I right clicked and "saved target as" this downloads the Garritan home page html file. Looks like all the links got clobered as I'm almost certain I was able to listen to mp3's from this page a few weeks ago

Mike

Smile,

please wait,

I think at this moment Gary is working at his website...., he told us that he will change something.... .
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Raymond is correct, I have not been able to play many demos,
    and the videos of a real orchestra and GPO that I did are not working either.

Dan

I noticed it already some weeks ago. I had a visitor who was interested in the possibilities of GPO but the best demos didn't work, so....

Regards,

Gerard

Go Back to forum