• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT- Building private studio tip number ...

Share/Bookmark

Cool OT- Building private studio tip number ...

I guess number one!
    Me wife, step son and myself have been putting together a small private studio in me home and here is what we came across last night.
    While trying to figure out how in the world we were going to install full sheets of drywall to the ceiling without a lift, I came across 2 ultimate support speaker stand that I had set aside after we moved into our new home. This is how I used them.
    Set up one stand and extend the center pole out slightly. Take the extension pole out of the tripod base of the second stand and turn stand upside down attaching to extension on first stand. Now, it should look like one stand with three legs sticking up. Spread the legs out enough width so as to hold a full piece of drywall and be careful not to close to the edges of the drywall. Now, position your drywall while on the stand under the area you are placing it and lift the center pole while keeping one foot on the support legs of the bottom tripod. (I wish the heck I could post a picture.) This contraption worked awesome and we were able to complete the whole ceiling in less than two hours!
    I hope my explanation was understandable enough. Just though if anyone out there ever has the need to lift drywall up to a ceiling and can't afford a drywall lift, these babies did the trick. Once the job was fulfilled, the stands were restored to original state.
    So, you say? Tip number two (1/2" Dense Armor vs. 5/8 drywall) coming soon.
    Styxx

Re: OT- Building private studio tip number ...

that's a good tip.
    another way, and probably more common, if you can't find an adjustable stand, is to build two "T"s out of 2x4's just slightly longer than the height of the ceiling and wedge the sheet up by kicking the bottom of the "T" into the floor.

Re: OT- Building private studio tip number ...

Yeah, another good way. I was about to do just that until (once in a while it works) my brain kicked in and tried the stands.

Tip Number 2 =
    Styxx

Go Back to forum