• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chris Hein Jazz Horns Help

Chris Hein Jazz Horns Help

I am doing some tracking using Kontakt2 and various libraries (the newest update, BTW,) and whenever I try to load any trombone patch from Chris Hein Horns, from full performances to single sounds, it freezes up Kontakt2 and gives me the spinning wheel of death! I'm loading all other instruments fine, but the trombones freeze up the computer every time! I tried reinstalling CHH, but the same thing happens. The trombone works fine in the standalone version, but I'm using some Kontakt effects so it isn't really useful to load it outside of Kontakt. (This actually also happened before I did the Kontakt update, but several things were crashing Kontakt then!) Working on a bit of a deadline, so any help would be greatly appreciated! (Using a Macbook Pro with 3GB of ram, BTW)

Re: Chris Hein Jazz Horns Help

Sorry to hear that.

Some questions:
    Did you download Kontakt 2.2.3?
    There are known issues whith K2.2.1 which is the reason why K2.2.2 was never released.
    I'd suggest to remane your Kontakt aplication file to Kontakt223
    Then download and install K2.2.0 which always worked fine.
    Rename these aplication file to Kontakt221 and you can use both versions without any risk.

With "Standalone version" do you mean the Kontakt Player or Kontakt standalone?

Which host ere you using?

I hope we will find a solution.

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass

Re: Chris Hein Jazz Horns Help

Hi, Chris! I do have Kontakt 2.2.3 (standalone). I have an intel mac so I don't think I can go back to the earlier version (before 2.2.1) of Kontakt because it isn't universal binary. I am doing full orchestral sequences and am using almost all 64 slots in Kontakt, and trying to use the standalone along with it tends to start causing clicking and popping sounds. It is just strange that the saxes and trumpets seem to load fine but none of the trombone sounds will load into the standalone. I keep thinking the problem must be something I have setup incorrectly somewhere, but I can't find anything. Any other thoughts? Thanks for the help, and nice samples!

Go Back to forum