• Register
  • Help

Topic: Outputs in K2 or K2 player

Share/Bookmark

Outputs in K2 or K2 player

Sorry. Searched for this topic first but didnt find it. I have GPO and I have the full version of Kontakt. When I used to just use the original GPO with the little player, I totally understood the outputs it provided in Cubase. 8 instruments =8 outputs =8 channels on my mixer. I loved this setup as I could do sperate reverb sends and eqs on every instrument if I needed to. But now, with the K2 styled player or actual K2 sampler, I have like 10 kazillion outputs and I hate it. It has all these surround channels that I dont use and a bajillion others. Is there any way to reduce this down to say, one output per instrument in the player?

Re: Outputs in K2 or K2 player

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins
    Sorry. Searched for this topic first but didnt find it. I have GPO and I have the full version of Kontakt. When I used to just use the original GPO with the little player, I totally understood the outputs it provided in Cubase. 8 instruments =8 outputs =8 channels on my mixer. I loved this setup as I could do sperate reverb sends and eqs on every instrument if I needed to. But now, with the K2 styled player or actual K2 sampler, I have like 10 kazillion outputs and I hate it. It has all these surround channels that I dont use and a bajillion others. Is there any way to reduce this down to say, one output per instrument in the player?
    Hi Eric,

I have suffered with the same problem. The only workaround that I found was to open Kontakt in my daw with nothing else, go into its outputs section and configure it the way I want (usually all stereo pairs) and then save the configuration. Then I have to close everything and reopen and it usually comes up as saved-this way with no 5.1 outputs. Others probably know how to do this better but this is as far as I have gone. Good luck,

Paul

Hi, Eric - Have you solved your KP2 output problem yet?

Paul's brief explanatory outline was exactly right - just not sure it had enough detail for you to get it going?

This has been a topic several times in the various Forums - it just isn't intuitively clear how to set up KP2 so it's actually usable, unfortunately.

But there is no other work around other than what Paul described. You have to reconfigure the KP2 mixer to your needs, save it as a default--and then, thankfully, that configuration will always come there after when you open an instance of it in a project.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

The easy way to deal with it is to unzip this file into your ~\Kontakt Player 2\default (or ~\Kontakt 2\default) folder (before you start your sequencer). It will install new default output configurations for the DXi (16 stereo outs) and VSTi (16/8/4 stereo outs) plugins. If you made any customized output configuratins yourself, you might want to back up the default folder before installing the new configurations. In your sequencer you should select the KP2/K2 audio channels, that are named "... st. #: stereo". Forget about the "Main" and "Primary" channels (if you see them).

Go Back to forum