• Register
  • Help

Topic: Music prod. Hard drive set up

Music prod. Hard drive set up

Hello guys
    I’m trying a purchase a new Boot drive for Power PC Mac dual G5 2.7 GHz ( early 2005) ? All my audio and music samples I’m running from 4 bay ( sata ) exterior hot swap enclosure with Lycom card so my boot drive will be clearly for OS X and applications
    I have done big research and I was considering wide variety of hard drives - From WD Raptors 74 and 150 gb ,Seagates,Maxtors to Htachi’s.
    So finally I‘ve sorted out choices for my boot drive
    to Hitachi T7K 500 GB
    WD Caviar SE16 500 GB
    WD Caviar RE 2 500 GB
    In Amug review they were not really happy with Hitachi T7k 320 GB inside mac pro on internal bus ( without host adapter) Using a Hitachi T7K500 320GB with a Mac Pro But that is Mac Pro - I have Dual processor so it might be different- )
    Lot of people are preferring both kinds of WD Caviar.
    So basically my question is which HD out of those earlier stated would work best in my particular kind of MAC without PCI - X card
    I would really appreciate if anyone can give me a feedback as far as what drive would be the best choice.

Thank you very much for your time

Re: Music prod. Hard drive set up

No idea about Apple computers but if it is a DAW only I suppose you will just load the OS on it, your sequencer, plugins and Impulse Responses.

In that case I would prefer a HD that stays cool and quiet over a HD that is ultrabig or ultrafast.
    All your strings belong to me!

Go Back to forum