• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help from the musician for the best PC for music work !

Thumbs up Help from the musician for the best PC for music work !

I hope all of u doing well In fact i have decided to buy a new PC instead of my old one http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...dlc=en&lang=en
    Please i need musician help whom work with music computer software
    to let me know what is the best PC not MAC to buy for this kind of job i can pay no problem but where can i find the best PC for my music work

Best regards.

Re: Help from the musician for the best PC for music work !

The best PC for music work will be custom-built, tweaked to run the bare minimum of windows services. Windows XP Pro.

Check out the Core 2 Duo's or AMD Opterons for processors. Obviously the higher the clock speed, the better.
    3-4 GB RAM
    Ideally at least 3 hard drives (SATA). One for system and applications(80GB), one for samples (big), and one for audio (also big).
    A free PCI slot for an audio card is also convenient, though firewire interfaces can handle it too.

Sweetwater and ADK make "custom" audio rigs and do the tweaking for you. There are others too, and I don't mean to slight them, but I can't remember them at the moment.

Re: Help from the musician for the best PC for music work !

Here is one example, but at this site you will find other PC`s too .

....The Audioworkstation Pro Quad is a turnkey solution system, which contains all the components that are necessary for a powerful Audioworkstation.
    The system is carefully installed and tested into detail.
    We optimize our systems on efficiency and especially on Low Noise Emission.
    With the system offered here, we show one possible configuration example.
    Not included in this offer is the necessary software like e.g. Cubase or Nuendo and the audio hardware like e.g RME or UAD Cards.
    We request your call in order to discuss about further details and configuring options.
    Only then it can be ensured, that the system will suit your personal requirements.......

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Go Back to forum