• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Rose Of Cadiz

Share/Bookmark

Rose Of Cadiz

INTRIGUE; MYSTERIOUS LADY; A ROSE; and COBBLESTONE STREETS

A brief work for flute & harpsichord. I was just experimenting one day with the harpsichord sound and came out with this.

hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=5646518&q=hi

Re: Rose Of Cadiz

Hi, Gary

That's a fun, mischievous piece - Your key words to describe it seem perfect. I could see people scurrying about in the night, deftly darting through shadows as they swiftly fly over cobblestones. Nice imagery!

(--Knowing that you have on-going technical issues still somehow preventing you from using reverb, I still have one technical question concerning your use of GPO: Legato on the Flute - The Flute line on this is Begging for the use of Legato to make it believable. You Can insert simple pedal commands in Finale to achieve that.)

Thanks for this twinkling romp!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Thanks Randy,
    On the sound module, †here's no clear reference to legato. Thinking about it, I probably could pu† in a LEGATO in the music, but I don't know that it would affect playback.
    If anyone understads the various dials on the mmodule which would impac† legato, let me know.
    Thanks
    Gary

Wow, that was completely different! Great combination of instruments. A very sophisticated and complex work for such a short amount of work. Great job!

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Thanks for listening, Michael.

The way a harpsichord plays-without dynamics-creates a need
    to give more space and to have an instrument that can contrast to the driving force of the harpsichord.
    Gary

Hi Gary,

Indeed, this is quite an interesting complex experiment. I'm surprised how well the flute works with the harpischord. I'm not quite familiar with the harpischord repertoire, but it is refreshing to hear it with hints of some baroque themes in a sort of modern-ish style. Is this the finished product of the composition? There just seem so much more you can do and try to develope, y'know? Still lots of unanswered questions about this mysterious lady, and the signifigance behind the cobblestone streets, and the rose. Why cobblestone? Or a rose? Why not some other type of flower? But, of course, maybe that's how you intend it to be.

Still though, it's nice experiment.
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Gary,

I am amazed at how well these two work together.

In Sonar you would achieve the legato by placing piano pedal marks on the score. I don't know if that or slurs in Finale might work?

Hi Cata,
    I also felt that the message was incomple†e, but I think I need a lit†le time to decide where it will gol
    The cobblestone streets are part of my memory(accurate or imagined)
    of my visit to Cadiz in 1960 as part of an UNCLE SAM tour.(Navy)
    Narrow streets; siestas, Bull figh†s; and added imagination....
    the rose brings to mind CARMEN.
    Gary

Thanks for listening, Alan.
    I will give the pedal marking a try.
    Gary

This is outstanding! I adore contemporary music for the harpsichord. And of course, the flute is my instrument, so this piece catches my attention. I wish there are more composers who used the delightful GPO harpsichord in contemporary music. I loved your piece, and one would have liked it to be longer..... Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast