• Register
  • Help

Topic: Static when saving audio file using Finale 2008

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Static when saving audio file using Finale 2008

Hello,

I have Finale 2008 and GPO. When I try to save the audio on playback (Save Special..Save as Audio File) I get a great deal of static. This does not occur when I do regular playback.
    Any idea how to resolve this? Have changed reverb and hall size but not sure what else to do.

Thanks,
    Dan

Re: Static when saving audio file using Finale 2008

Quote Originally Posted by lesotho72
    Hello,

I have Finale 2008 and GPO. When I try to save the audio on playback (Save Special..Save as Audio File) I get a great deal of static. This does not occur when I do regular playback.
    Any idea how to resolve this? Have changed reverb and hall size but not sure what else to do.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Try the notation forum not Notion.
    However try bouncing to a seperate (fast) drive.

If he posts in the NOTION forum, can I tell him to buy NOTION?

I've got the same problem (K2/F2008/Vista) .. and others (when I play a fully loaded score the the playback locks with lots of notes playing). I'm planning to boost RAM to 2.5g from 1g -- I'm not getting much help from Finale, either.
    Rick Arnest
    Music Under Construction

I just sent this to the good people at MakeMusic...

"A little diagnostic input from my other (techie) hat. The PC I'm using has a dual-core Intel Centrino Duo processor. This is supposed to make everything go a lot faster, since it runs two threads at a time instead of one. When I watch the little CPU window (in Task Manager under the Performance tab) I notice that Processor A maxes out and overloads while Processor B sits pretty much idle. You might take this bit of information to your developers for an opinion on finding a solution..."

You might try the same thing .. open Task Manager and start the recording process. If you have two CPU windows under 'Performance' and only one of them fills up then that's the bottleneck (if you only have one CPU and it fills up then it is still the problem).

I find that the memory usage stays pretty much constant .. full, but it doesn't get lots higher when I start to record...

-Rick

-Rick
    Rick Arnest
    Music Under Construction

Go Back to forum