• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: WIVI Update 2007-08-10

Share/Bookmark

WIVI Update 2007-08-10

WIVI Brass 1 Update 2007-08-10

Trial Edition

Many of these improvements also apply to the Trial Edition, which have been updated as well. Download the new Trial Edition from here.

Tonal improvements

The overall tone of all Brass 1 instruments and mutes have been significantly improved. This is especially significant in the low brass, and when close up to instruments.

Spatial/environment improvements

The environment now have layer functions that can be used to boost the low frequencies, to emulate room modes. Most importantly, the internal presets have been improved using this functionality.

A few new environment presets have also been made available, with the purpose of allowing better blending with sampled instruments/orchestras.

New instrument features

Drift into tune is a new parameter which is used in combination with the "pitch randomizer" parameter already present in the player. The pitch randomizer introduces randomness in the pitch of repeated notes. When the "drift into tune" parameter also is enabled, that random pitch deviation will decrease over time, giving an illusion of players that intonate.

The start/end values of the Wah-Wahs are now customizable. This can be used to give the Wah-Wahs inverse behavior, or you can focus the Wah-Wah to operate only around some certain sweet spot.

Also, some slight tweaks have been made to the internals of some instruments. For instance, it's now possible to play flutter tongue the French horns manually, using a breath or wind controller. In the past, this has been difficult.

Re: WIVI Update 2007-08-10

This is great news! I will be buying the full library in September

Peace

rikp

Hi A. W.,
    I'll experiment with the changes you've made available in the new trial, soon. Incidentally, I was about to suggest to you the "drift to tone" feature. I thank you for the update!
    Cheers,
    Chris

BUG! Installed the new demo and can't add any instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by J.P. Schwinghamer
    BUG! Installed the new demo and can't add any instruments.
    Hmm, if you enter "WIVI settings", either from the start menu or from the "Global settings" panel on the left side of the interface, can you see what your "Instrument folder" is?

It's the default :

C:\Program Files\WIVI Trial Edition\Instruments

All three .wii instrument files are located in that folder.

Don't know whats up.

JPS

I installed the trial version and opened it in Sonar 6 ... or rather tried to open it, because the GUI is completely unaccessible. This is what I get: A blank window, where the GUI is hidden behind the window and only gets revealed, when I move the window. It is, however, a dead and unaccessible GUI. "Not for commercial use" is some understatement. What's going on?

Hi N. F.,
    I think it could be a matter of changing the graphics configuration in the WIVI settings available in the WIVI program folder in your start menu (it looks like you use Windows XP) to another of the 3 rendering modes which your video card will like better. First try OpenGL, open Sonar, and see if it displays properly. If it doesn't, open the settings again and select software mode, then open Sonar again and see if that displays correctly. I switched to OpenGL and WIVI has worked flawlessly since then. I have Sonar 5: PE. I've yet to try the new version, though I expect that it will work properly for me.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Just downloaded the Mac demo.

It's unbelievable, try it with a breath controller!

14 megs only, the most naturally responsive brasses I've ever seen, no more keyswitches nightmare, articulations mapping, routing, modwheel blending and other quasi-shamanic workarounds: staccato, legato, portato, crescendo, diminuendo from fff to nothing, everything flows with your breath.

Chapeau, Wallander.

If you will be able to put together an entire orchestra...
    Mac Pro Quad Core, 23" Apple Cinema, Logic Pro 8.x + VSL PRO Edition, some of the VI's, GPO, Ivory, Edirol UA-25 audio card, Event TR6 monitors, 1 girlfriend (Ines).

Quote Originally Posted by J.P. Schwinghamer
    It's the default :

C:\Program Files\WIVI Trial Edition\Instruments

All three .wii instrument files are located in that folder.

Don't know whats up.

JPS
    Hmm, odd. Could you try deleting the *.tmp files located under:

C:\Program Files\WIVI Trial Edition\Temp

And make sure that those *.tmp files are recreated when you load up the plugin?

One other thing that might be a bit hard to see due to the greyed-out GUI If you look at the "Direct sound" panel on the left side, do you have a second set of knobs at the top named "Pan", "Bass-boost" and "Bass-cut"?

Also, I should ask, when you say you can't add any instruments, does that mean that the "+" button is greyed out from the start?

Go Back to forum