• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Nature's Crying Night, and Euphonium Concerto

Share/Bookmark

Talking Nature's Crying Night, and Euphonium Concerto

Ok. Just geting it out there. Incomplete, but I'm not even sure if it will ever be complete, because I just got asked to write a Euphonium Concerto. So if anyone has any ideas on how to do that, please give me suggestions.

Until then,

http://www.box.net/shared/g2por0zapi

Nature's Crying Night

Re: Nature's Crying Night, and Euphonium Concerto

Hi tubajedimr,

I don't know anything about Euphonium so can't help you there.
    But 'Nature's crying night' is definitely worth continuing working on and finishing! Some very good elements/ideas and interesting mix of instruments. I feel they are not yet developed enough and connected, but once you work on that I think it will sound great!
    Anyway, success on the Euphonium project...

Yudit

Hello again, tubajedimr - Great to see you back already with more music for us.

This really captivated me when I listened. I think you're off to a wonderful start.

I wasn't positive if you were talking about two different projects in your post - ? You said, "...Incomplete, but I'm not even sure if it will ever be complete, because I just got asked to write a Euphonium Concerto..." - So the Concerto is what's diverting you from "Nature's" I guess you mean?

re: the Euphonium - I had reason to write something recently which included Euhponium, and was told to just write it as I would for Trombone, keeping mind that the Euhponium has a softer tone.

Naturally there's a lot of instant information awaiting you when you a-Googling on the subject.

Thanks again for sharing the start of your new piece!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

tubajedimr,

Euphonium concerto...how interesting. Nice expressive instrument to work with. When I include a Euph. in my ensembles I use one of the French Horns in the very low range and it sounds surprisingly realistic. I am anxious to get the new GPO Marching Band library to see how theirs sound. Good luck on the new work.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by tubajedimr
    Euphonium Concerto. So if anyone has any ideas on how to do that, please give me suggestions.

Until then,

http://www.box.net/shared/g2por0zapi

Nature's Crying Night
    Whaddya wanna know, young fella??
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    re: the Euphonium - I had reason to write something recently which included Euhponium, and was told to just write it as I would for Trombone, keeping mind that the Euhponium has a softer tone.
    Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Randy~
    Whoever told you that....(I better stop here...)...threw away a lot of the instrument's potential, shall we say.

Please direct all euphonium-related questions to Snorlax.

Signed: Snorlax, Optimist*

*Euphonium player who carries a pager.
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

Well my tuba professor Dr. Marc Dickman of UNF has asked me to write such a Concerto for him to debut at OctubaFest in Jax Fl. So my questions are, should I write to suite the player, or write to suite the sound.

Well my tuba professor Dr. Marc Dickman of UNF has asked me to write such a Concerto for him to debut at OctubaFest in Jax Fl. So my questions are, should I write to suite the player, or write to suite the sound.
    Yes and yes.

I do some things off the beaten path...as soon as I can remember the link, I'll give it to you. I play french horn parts on euph. in a brass quintet and I play in a brass choir as well. I do a lot of pop & Jazz...M. Dickman does that as well, right? You might want to give your concerto that sort of feel...there's enough "deadly serious" stuff to go around.

I always like to play music that is:
    1. Audience friendly (without being wimpy) and...
    2. Challenging for me and my friends.

There are a dozen or so snippets from a live performance here. (I finally remembered where I put 'em ) Check all three pages & get some ideas. There is no horn in our quintet...it's me playing on euph. We have a schtick where the trumpeters have an argument over who's gonna play the trumpet solo in Spining Wheel, So I wind up doing it. My fave is playing the horn part on the Beale St. Blues.
    You might wanna see what Prof. Dickman thinks of that sort of stuff.
    If you have any questions, just ask...you're a tuba player, right?
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

And while you are at it...write something to suite yourself as well. It will have your name on it

Gary

www.garybricault.com

tubajedimr,

Please post more of your progress soon! This is a super-great start, and I'll be waiting to see the final product.

And good luck on your euphonium concerto. Sorry can be much of a use on that subject though.
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast