• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Some rare Mozart music

Share/Bookmark

Some rare Mozart music

Hi everyone

I'm slowly writing my own music and sometimes I get frustrated. To help me relax and gain perspective I decided to take one of my Mozart scores and render one of his unusual baroque style pieces (sounds a lot like he studied some Bach ). This particular section is the Ouverture of an incomplete Suite for harpsichord KV399(or 385i depending). I entered the notes into Overture4 and used the GPO harpsichord. Of course there are no dynamics, but I tried to use different phrasing and articulations to make it sound more natural. I will render the Allemande and Courante next.

I hope you can just sit back, relax and enjoy this Mozart.

You can download the mp3 HERE.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Re: Some rare Mozart music

Who is this Mozart fellow you're talking about?

I would give my left one to be able to write like that. You did a super job on this work of which I am not familiar. It does sound more like Herr Bach than it does Herr Mozart.

Thanks for your fine rendering.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Very well done LouisD. I know this work as one of Mozarts organpieces and I like it very much like that but I never heard it played on harpsichord. It is really surprising. Great!

Regards,

Gerard

I vaguely remember playing this ages ago as an organ
    arrangement; and was unaware of its origins, Louis.
    Very nice job with it!

Mozart was a grand master of counterpoint, though
    he isn't thought of so often in that light -- wonderful
    to hear more of it, thanks!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I don't think I've ever heard this piece...

Wow, this is quite a different style for the master... in the first half, there aren't enough notes! It does indeed sound like he had been studying some Bach... Thanks for sharing. I don't think I would ever have guessed that this was Mozart's work...
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thanks very much for this Louis - I dont know this piece. He's miraculous. The only bit that leapt out to me as Mozart was near the end in the stretto bit - there's a section alot like the Domine Jesu in the Requiem. I guess he's a lot more famous for the contrapuntal sections/works of his last years.
    Thanks again!

PS: fine performance too!

That's a very spritely performance. I'm suprised you can do all that work "for relaxation"!
    Vista / Sonar Home Studio 6 / GPO 2d edition / Melodyne Uno 1.8

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Who is this Mozart fellow you're talking about?

I would give my left one to be able to write like that. You did a super job on this work of which I am not familiar. It does sound more like Herr Bach than it does Herr Mozart.

Thanks for your fine rendering.

Regards,

Larry
    Glad you liked it, Larry!

I would give my left and right one to be able to write like that, but then again.........
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Quote Originally Posted by GerardR
    Very well done LouisD. I know this work as one of Mozarts organpieces and I like it very much like that but I never heard it played on harpsichord. It is really surprising. Great!

Regards,

Gerard
    Gerhard and David,

You are probably right. I can see this as an organ piece. According to the Urtext, it just mentions Suite for keyboard, so I guess it could be played on any keyboard.

Glad you enjoyed it.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    I don't think I've ever heard this piece...

Wow, this is quite a different style for the master... in the first half, there aren't enough notes! It does indeed sound like he had been studying some Bach... Thanks for sharing. I don't think I would ever have guessed that this was Mozart's work...
    Glad you enjoyed it, Sean. I know you are a Mozart fan, so am I. I don't think there are too many scores of his that I don't have, and even I find new, and unknown to me pieces every day......

Keep listening (for the next 50 year or so.... )
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast