• Register
  • Help

Topic: What happened to my posting?

Share/Bookmark

What happened to my posting?

I posted my "Gypsy Dance Number Two" at 4:40 p.m., August 11, 2007. A few hours later, on the same day, it was gone from page one with only one response.

I was not the only person whose music stayed on the first page for such a short time. For instance, Jay (jaynkate01) wrote a very nice woodwind piece and it was gone in one day! His work is excellent and deserves more than this.

Does anyone besides me see anything wrong with this picture? I didn't think that this particular piece of my music was all that bad. Maybe it was.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: What happened to my posting?

I reckon it's just general Listening Room busy-ness. Very very busy there... It's become quite easy to get bumped off the first page in very little time with the amount of posting going on there. It of course does not imply anything about your music.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Larry,

It was never gone and there is nothing wrong with the picture (a la Twilight Zone). Here it is http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=55251

The Listening Room has been so busy and a musical work can sink to page two in a matter of hours.

Also, it could be your forum preferences precent you from seeing everything. Check your forum preferences to make sure you are seen as many posts possible on a page and as many days possible.

Nice work BTW

Gary

Definitly nothing bad about that piece, Larry, I just listened to Gypsy Dance Number Two and it's great.

We need more player smilies, a piano playing smilie, horn player, oboeist, percussionist, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Larry,

It was never gone and there is nothing wrong with the picture (a la Twilight Zone). Here it is http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=55251

The Listening Room has been so busy and a musical work can sink to page two in a matter of hours.

Also, it could be your forum preferences precent you from seeing everything. Check your forum preferences to make sure you are seen as many posts possible on a page and as many days possible.

Nice work BTW

Gary
    OK...thanks.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Definitly nothing bad about that piece, Larry, I just listened to Gypsy Dance Number Two and it's great.

We need more player smilies, a piano playing smilie, horn player, oboeist, percussionist, etc.
    Many thanks, Dallas Dude.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

a soft answer turneth away rath

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    a soft answer turneth away rath
    I will just ignore him so my wrath will turneth away.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hi, Larry - Of course you did find your post, and other people have found it also, myself included.

I know, it's Amazing how fast the line up on the front page can change! Just as Tom says in his sticky post with the new rules, we all know that it's mostly the posts on the front page that are noticed - and of course that's why we would prefer our posts to stay there longer.

In any case all is well. Let's just keep remembering that to post music two days in a row, or with only one day inbetween, is a bit too fast - it makes our posts pile up on the front page, not sharing the space with others.

Onwards!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Go Back to forum