• Register
  • Help

Topic: Easisest way to disable velocity sensitivity/enable Mod Wheel or other CC X-Fade?

Share/Bookmark

Easisest way to disable velocity sensitivity/enable Mod Wheel or other CC X-Fade?

It occurred to me recently that I might be making things too difficult for myself when re-programming samples. I want to disable velocity sensitivity and enable mod wheel x-fade for sustain samples, such as sustained strings or brass. Also, I want to disable velocity for organ and harpsichord.

What I've been doing for MW x-fades is to duplicate the original sustain patch, select all regions and dimensions and then click on velocity and change control source from velocity to layer. Then I go to Mix/Layer and select attenuation controller CC1. Then I open up the crossfade editor and change things appropriately. That's the fastest/easiest way to do it right? But what about patches containing 2 mono samples instead of 1 stereo? The layer control source is already used up on the patch. Do I have to export the mono files and combine them? Or is there an easier way?

How do I disable the velocity response? I've tried reverse engineering patches but haven't had much luck finding the right parameters. Right now I set velocity curve to 1, velocity curve range to 5 and velocity curve scaling to 0 but I don't know which (if any) of these patches will make the difference.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I hope to integrate the results into the AO et. all reworkings I plan on posting when my health improves.

Re: Easisest way to disable velocity sensitivity/enable Mod Wheel or other CC X-Fade?

Quote Originally Posted by Per Lichtman
    ...But what about patches containing 2 mono samples instead of 1 stereo? The layer control source is already used up on the patch. Do I have to export the mono files and combine them? Or is there an easier way?
    I don't understand this part. Can you re-phrase it?

The issue of velocity sensitivity is easy: Just set velocity curve to 1 (linear) and velocity curve range to 5 (Low). It doesn't matter what you set scaling to in this case, since a low linear velocity curve will "flatten" the instrument's velocity curve, causing all samples to trigger at full volume regardless of velocity.

You can also set the attenuation controller in the crossfade editor itself.

Best,
    Belbin

Go Back to forum