• Register
  • Help

Topic: Strings vibrato

Share/Bookmark

Strings vibrato

Hi,

First of all I wanted to say how impressed and pleased I am with GPO, which I've only owned for a few days. I was making a strings piece using the ensemble method when I noticed that all the instruments had vibrato. For this particular piece vibrato isn't really suitable and I was wondering if there was any kind of vibrato controller for strings that I've not noticed?

Thanks,
    Dave

Re: Strings vibrato

Hi,

there is no controller for strings vibrato since it is a recorded vibrato, not an emulated like with some of the winds.

If you want to add some extra vibrato in short passages for a strings group one practical solution is to fade a solo string instrument in and out, e. g. a solo violin for a violin section.

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

That's a problem with GPO - no choice about string/vibrato. I resolved it by getting the Strad (full control over vibrato rate and intensity) and recording multiple times with slightly varied tunings and timing to create a small section.

Really hoping that GPO2 gives us that vibrato control

Fred

This is partly why I layer and mix string libraries. Variation of vibrato.

Thanks for the replies folks. How much do we know about GPO2? Is it just an update? An entirely new package? A much more expensive version?

GPO 2 is out since a time. I suppose you mean GOS which has layers with different vibrato amounds. Speculations about GOS are many, facts are few, we need to be patient.

I think Dave was referring to GPO Advanced. Right?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robh
    I think Dave was referring to GPO Advanced. Right?

Rob
    Hey Rob, Yeh, thats what I was thinking of.

Go Back to forum