• Register
  • Help

Topic: installing Update

Share/Bookmark
    Power Profile User

installing Update

I know this is going to sound dumb but I have to ask. I don't know if I'm having a senior moment or what.
    I've installed the update 2.2.2. and manipulated all the files as directed a while ago. I did this only with JABB on a second computer because I didn't want to foul anything up on the computer I work generally on, with GPO, JABB and Finale installed.
    Now I see that the update 2.2.3 is ready, and I want to install it in the JABB that I have on my second computer, but when I look at the files in Garritan Jazz Big band. I don't see the Kontakt Player 2, dll. I do see it in the Native Instrument folder, but I don't remember installing it there, and can't for the life of me remember where installed the update. My question is---where do I install the update, in the main directory of JABB (Garritan Jazz Big Band, Garritan Big Band Library or the Native Instrument folder?
    Frankly, I just simply forget how I installed 2.2.2. and assume that 2.2.3 is installed the same way.
    Thanks

Bob D.

Re: installing Update

Kontakt Player 2 installs by default into ...\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2\ and this is where you should install the 2.2.3 update. Once you have done that, you may have to copy the KontaktPlayer2.dll (VSTi) and KontaktPlayer2DXi.dll (DXi) to the folders, that your sequencer/notation program use for VSTi and DXi plugins.

Power Profile User

Thank you Nickie.
    I folllow you, but I don't remember installing 2.2.2 in the Native Instruments folder, although I must have or how else would it get there. I will do exactly as you suggest. The dll files, I think I can handle.
    Once again, thank you so much.

Bob D.

Power Profile User

Nickie, I installed it in the Native Instrument folder as you directed and everything went fine.
    Now I have to gather some gumption and do it on the other machine with GPO, JABB and Finale. That will be a trip.
    Thanks again for your help.

Bob D.

You are welcome

Go Back to forum