• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Topic: The nightingale near the house

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    The nightingale near the house

    I wrote the music for a poem called "The nightingale near the house" by the British poet Harold Monro in 1980, and has since remained on a shelf until yesterday, when I found it and decided to try a rendition. I apologize for my voice, but I have noone to sing it for me, so I had to do it myself, please be patient... I find myself unable to give a judgement on this piece so I'd welcome any comment both concerning the writing and the mix/eq etc. Thank you

    http://www.robertosoggetti.com/Night..._the_house.mp3

  2. #2

    Re: The nightingale near the house

    I dare to ask, if there's someone who feels like singing this for me, I'd be more than happy, I might send the score and the music without the voice... just thinking

  3. #3

    Re: The nightingale near the house

    E' la GPO? Ogni tanto si sente "tuhmp...thump...", è il microfono che prende dei colpi?
    ---
    Is it GPO? Here and there I perceive a "thumping" sound. Does it come from the mic?

    Mac Pro Quad Core, 23" Apple Cinema, Logic Pro 8.x + VSL PRO Edition, some of the VI's, GPO, Ivory, Edirol UA-25 audio card, Event TR6 monitors, 1 girlfriend (Ines).

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: The nightingale near the house

    Roberto,

    I didn't know that Gary G. put you up in the GPO library I will have to look again at it.

    Nice song, nice singing.

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

  5. #5

    Re: The nightingale near the house

    Quote Originally Posted by Coqui
    E' la GPO? Ogni tanto si sente "tuhmp...thump...", è il microfono che prende dei colpi?
    ---
    Is it GPO? Here and there I perceive a "thumping" sound. Does it come from the mic?

    ciao Roberto, ho paura che hai ragione, devo aver dato delle testate al microfono. I'm afraid you're right, must have hit the microphone with my head...

  6. #6

    Re: The nightingale near the house

    WOW, how cool!
    Your voice reminds me of Michael Crawford, and that aint a bad thing Bob
    What a fantastic song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    The vocal seems as thought the high end (4K-10K) was boosted too much.
    Perhaps not boosting would sound smoother, if the mic is not really good that could be part of it too. This high end boost is also causing the need for a de-esser. I have not listened to it on the studio monitors but the whole mix is a little heavy on the right, basically, the vocal is not centered.

    I love your work Bob!

    Dan

  7. #7

    Re: The nightingale near the house

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryBric
    Roberto,

    I didn't know that Gary G. put you up in the GPO library I will have to look again at it.

    Nice song, nice singing.

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com
    Gary, look into the "helpless" folder, inside GPO library... thank you

  8. #8

    Re: The nightingale near the house

    Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    WOW, how cool!
    Your voice reminds me of Michael Crawford, and that aint a bad thing Bob
    What a fantastic song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    The vocal seems as thought the high end (4K-10K) was boosted too much.
    Perhaps not boosting would sound smoother, if the mic is not really good that could be part of it too. This high end boost is also causing the need for a de-esser. I have not listened to it on the studio monitors but the whole mix is a little heavy on the right, basically, the vocal is not centered.

    I love your work Bob!

    Dan
    Ahhh Dan, this is the kind of advice I'm looking for... would you apply the deesser to the vocal track or the whole mix?
    ...Randy Crawford maybe? seriously, I should be ashamed of exposing my voice to the public ear... Thank you, Dan, for your support

  9. #9

    Re: The nightingale near the house

    --!---Dan just took the words RIght out of my mouth - I was listening and my immediate reaction was Michael Crawford! That comparison is So right on.

    OK, but you're saying you don't want us to focus on your vocal. Just know, Roberto, that you're yet another musician who has too low an opinion of his singing voice. It's a disease amongst musicians, seems like. When I posted something with my vocal on it, I was bending over backwards to apologize also.

    THis was completley captivating - I cannot imagine the poem set to music in a more successful way. What can I say but that I Love this piece?!

    Dan, as to be expected, seems to be giving you good tech advice. Great, I was so entranced I didn't hear any shortcomings.

    THANK you, ROberto!

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)

  10. #10
    Senior Member LHong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    San Jose, Ca, USA
    Posts
    542

    Re: The nightingale near the house

    It is pretty cool, Roberto!
    You already had good advising from Dan about the Vocal!
    I like the String's blended with it!

    BTW, your voice is not that bad! May be some more practising (like karaoke Kidding!)
    As long as it is not "Out-Of-tune" it's fine with me, unless you want it for the Production?

    Long

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •