• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Truestrike 1 - Opinions?

Share/Bookmark

Truestrike 1 - Opinions?

I found the demos quite impressive; for those that use them, any thoughts on its ease of use and overall quality when used with other libraries?

Re: Truestrike 1 - Opinions?

I have ProjectSAM True Strike 1, and I find it to be the perfect orchestral percussion library. I have the Halion Player version, but I'll crossgrade it to Kontakt2 (multiformat version), since I use it for my other libraries.

It blends very well, since you get 3 mic sets: close, stage and surround, and it has not as many ambience as EWQLSO. But it has a very nice ambience. I think it was recorded in the Utretch Conservatory, but I could be wrong.

Easy of use? It couldn't be easier. Some instruments have repetition samples, and between 4 and 6 dynamic layers, if I remember correctly. Have a look at http://www.projectsam.com/files/docu...ke_artlist.pdf to see the full articulation list. Instruments are spreaded over the keyboard in some patches: for example in basic percussion you have the bass drum, snares, cymbals, crash cymbal, gong... But you have dedicated patches for bass drum (with rolls, crescendos and more), snares (fills, rolls...), timpani, rototoms...

If I had the money, I wouldn't hesitate a second. I'll purchase True Strike 2 as soon as I can (I have some others in the list first, like WIVI woodwinds, and maybe the new Synful if it's released soon)
    -Dani-

It's fantastic.. I love it.. I use it on Giga 3.

Mike

The TS1 on Halion player was a horrifying experience. After crossgrading to Kontakt 2 it works the way it should and atleast I think it's the best orchestral percussion library ever made.

Check out some of ProjectSAM's percussion freebies.

http://www.projectsam.com/freesounds.html

Quote Originally Posted by matolen
    I found the demos quite impressive; for those that use them, any thoughts on its ease of use and overall quality when used with other libraries?
    ease of use - 10/10
    overall quality - 10/10

you can't go wrong with this library.

Quote Originally Posted by GunJinn
    ease of use - 10/10
    overall quality - 10/10

you can't go wrong with this library.

I'd say the same about TS2 - perfect 10!
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

OK, I'll get it thanks!

Where is the best place to buy this in the US?

Peace

rikp

it's great..but don't forget EWQLSO Platinum Percussion + Pro Xp (only..not the full orchestra)....i think they sound great too....take the C mic (dry) and put them in your reverb and your ready !! both great libraries

Go Back to forum