• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Giga VST Adapter

Share/Bookmark
    andyt

Re: Giga VST Adapter

Hmm .. I think I\'ll hang-on till GS3 release now and give this a miss, now that TASCAM\'ve said it will have Rewire.

I don\'t think you can use Rewire from a remote computer so the FX wrapper will be very useful to a lot of people...

Giga VST Adapter

Posted by Max on the Fx-Max forum on February 9th:

\"I\'d say chances about 99% for GVA to be released within next month.\"

Very cool.

http://www.fx-max.com/forum/

Good news. I\'ve recently discovered the joys of FX teleport...can\'t wait for this one!

Yes, rewire is only good if it\'s on the same computer. The wrapper + FX Teleport should be perfect for a giga farm [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m hoping it will retain all the ***tionality of a vst in that you can render tracks to audio. This will make it as easy to use as Kontact in VST mode, yet it will be on a remote machine.

Hi Sporter,

that\'s the whole point of the wrapper. You will be able to export your giga tracks to audio from your remote computer. You can see your 16 giga channels (32 with giga 160) in your workstation as well.
    It works great [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hi Patrick,

Superb Demos I heard lately from you!!

Anyway,

The fact that in Kontakt, things can get bounced in seconds is key to me. Unless I\'m wrong, Giga 3.0 will not make it to that step. It\'s true the FX-Teleport will get your midi tracks, .wav files to the Master machine but its the bounce to track features that makes me spend the dollars for the conveinence of not waiting for the track in real time to be recorded to .wav

Alan Russell

Originally posted by P de Caumette:
    Hi Sporter,

that\'s the whole point of the wrapper. You will be able to export your giga tracks to audio from your remote computer. You can see your 16 giga channels in your workstation as well.
    It works great [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That\'s what I wanted to hear!!! Quite frankly, this is bigger than GS 3.0, at least for my purposes.

Sounds like you might be a beta tester, or at least have had the opportunity to use it. Do you know if gigabit lan is a requirement?

Sporter,

Gigalan is not required but having the choice, I use Gigalan for the bandwidth especially when audio is traveling down the pyke..

Alan Russell

Go Back to forum