• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Instruments for Finale

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Instruments for Finale

Is it possible to play the keyswitches with Finale when auditioning the instruments? For instance, when I call up the Kontakt Player setup screen, and load in an instrument, I can play that instrument with my piano keyboard. The mod wheel controls volume, just like it should. Should I also be able to switch the keyswitched instruments?

Re: Garritan Instruments for Finale

Quote Originally Posted by raweber
    Is it possible to play the keyswitches with Finale when auditioning the instruments? For instance, when I call up the Kontakt Player setup screen, and load in an instrument, I can play that instrument with my piano keyboard. The mod wheel controls volume, just like it should. Should I also be able to switch the keyswitched instruments?
    Yes, but - assuming you use the Notation set, as you should with Finale - you have to play MIDI octave 0, which a keybord normally can't play without transposing it down.

Re: Garritan Instruments for Finale

Ahh, that explains that. Is there documentation with Finale that shows what the specific keyswitches are? I haven't explored the new html help files because I find them much less user friendly than the old pdf version.

Go Back to forum